The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 22, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

I want to keep both absolutely,  the question is will we lose one to seattle in an expansion draft?

Do you risk that? Do you move one?

Tough call 

Guaranteed Seattle will take one. 

Lots of time untill then. Almost two seasons. 

Not worth trading Demko yet. His value will be a lot higher in a year and half from now. Trade him then. Or let Marky go next summer of his contract demands are too high. Demko will be ready to be starter next season. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Not worth trading Demko yet. His value will be a lot higher in a year and half from now. Trade him then. Or let Marky go next summer of his contract demands are too high. Demko will be ready to be starter next season. 

I can live with that tbh.  We're going to lose someone we don't want to regardless.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Agree on the patience approach to our goaltending situation. Let’s not squander another embarrassment of goaltender riches by mishandling it again and ending up with neither. We can afford to wait and see how everything comes into place.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

A lot will depend on how Dipietro developes throughout the season. If he plays lites out. The decision will be much easier for management to make. 

How's that?

We're going to lose Demko to Seattle if we don't trade him so there is no decision to make. If we re sign Marky Demko will be traded.

Marky is not going to sign a contract extension wothout a NMC if he keeps playing like this..

It's just that we have almost 2 seasons to make a decision. So no need to worry about it yet. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Stelar said:

While this is very fun and stuff, let’s not forget that we have started this way the past few seasons. We have also not really beaten anyone of caliber yet. Way to early to be too excited yet. 

Beating the blues wasn't bad tho.

Edited by Monteeun
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Stelar said:

While this is very fun and stuff, let’s not forget that we have started this way the past few seasons. We have also not really beaten anyone of caliber yet. Way to early to be too excited yet. 

Cup champs in their own barn should qualify as calibre... but I get what you are saying even though this year feels different.  The d looks three notches better especially when it comes to generating from the back end.  Let’s enjoy the ride for now

• Thanks 2

Just now, WHL rocks said:

How's that?

We're going to lose Demko to Seattle if we don't trade him so there is no decision to make. If we re sign Marky Demko will be traded.

Marky is not going to sign a contract extension wothout a NMC if he keeps playing like this..

It's just that we have almost 2 seasons to make a decision. So no need to worry about it yet. 

Couldn't you use Dipietro as a trade bait to get Seattle not to touch the important ones? I swear teams did it with Vegas.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Stelar said:

I agree. next month and in particular the week of the 10th will be a real test of this team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And look how good Vegas was to start after that. I think GM's will be a little more savvy this time. 

True, but i'm saying if u r afraid of losing demko or marky then that is one way to do it. Not u have to do it.

Or maybe trade with other teams not just with vegas.

Edited by Monteeun

Just now, Monteeun said:

Couldn't you use Dipietro as a trade bait to get Seattle not to touch the important ones? I swear teams did it with Vegas.

Not if Demko keeps playing and developing like he has.

No way Seattle passes on a young star goalie. You'd have to give Seattle a top you player and expose another star player. Look what happened to Minny. They lost Tuch that way and now he's a budding star power forward. 

It'll be tool late by then. Next year's trade deadline you gotta move Demko if Marky still here. 

If both Demko and Marky are stars no point keeping both. Spend that money elsewhere on a player we need and get some good young prospects and picks back for Demko. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I can live with that tbh.  We're going to lose someone we don't want to regardless.

Yeah

Or we could swing a trade with Seattle in order to keep both goalies.

Yes, they'll want a 1st round pick, but maybe JB could swing something that works.

Marky has been looking real good, but I believe Demko will be just as good at a younger age. We've just opened the proverbial window a crack this year. Demko has to be more in line with the long term goals of this team as far as structure and age goes.