The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Blackhawks shopping Brendan Perlini

It appears Brendan Perlini is headed for another change of scenery.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, Perlini’s agent, Darren Ferris, is working with the Chicago Blackhawks to find a new home for the winger.

“Darren Ferris has something else on his to-do list and that is to try and find a new home for his client Brendan Perlini of the Chicago Blackhawks,” McKenzie said on Insider Trading. “You may remember that Perlini came over to Chicago from Arizona along with Dylan Strome, but he’s not been able to establish himself in Chicago and he’s only played one game so far this year – less than eight minutes – and so Ferris and the Blackhawks have agreed that they’re going to try and find a new home for him. Something to keep an eye on.”

While Strome has thrived with the Blackhawks, posting 17 goals and 55 points in 66 games since last November’s trade from the Arizona Coyotes, Perlini has not enjoyed the same success. The 12th overall pick in the 2014 Draft, Perlini has 12 goals and 15 points in 47 games with the Blackhawks.

Through 200 career NHL games, Perlini has 45 goals and 72 points since making his debut with the Coyotes during the 2016-17 season.

The Blackhawks, who lost 4-1 to the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday, are off to a 2-4-2 start this season. 

https://www.tsn.ca/brendan-perlini-s-agent-chicago-blackhawks-looking-into-trades-1.1386909

If we didn’t already have Leivo and Pearson, I’ll be all over this.

Perlini was the guy I wanted to draft over Virtanen, Ritchie, and anyone else around our range. 

12 goals in 42 games with the Blackhawks, while only averaging 10 minutes a game. Isn’t too bad of a production in the NHL. About the same as Virtanen.

Edited by shiznak
  • Like 1

Not sure why he signed with the Hawks after an entire offseason of negotiations when it was beyond obvious they were over crowded at the forward position.  With that being said, I'm not sure why Bowman even signed Perlini knowing there was no spot for him and Colliton isn't a fan.

Just a confusing signing on both sides.  Hopefully Hawks can get a late pick for him.

• Cheers 1

On 10/25/2019 at 10:41 AM, Lancaster said:

Decent size and decent stats.... but I admit I have no seen him play before. 

How's his skating?  Is his physical?  Vision of the ice?

I wouldn't mind the Canucks sending a reclamation project for another reclamation project (Goldobin).  

Imagine Goldy's defensive prowess (or lack thereof) and lack of physicality and Virtanen's size (albeit slightly bigger) and speed. Not so sure I have any interest in the guy. Motte and Schaller are both better overall players. Roussel is coming back. He's not usurping Pearson, Ferland or Miller. Guess we could waive him but all we did was move Goldy for another Goldy.

8 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Chicago look like their in for another cellar , I mean stellar season.

Yup, only 9 games in and its already pretty obvious which direction the Hawks are headed.  Toews looks like he's 50, Keith looks likes he's 60, and Seabrook looks like a corpse on skates.

Hopefully Uncle Gary hooks the Hawks with a nice high pick again because one of the lone bright spots has been the play of Kirby Dach.  

Edited by skolozsy2