The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Nov. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not really. He's soft and doesn't score at the NHL level enough to make up for everything else he can't do. He's scoring at the same AHL pace he was 2 seasons ago.

Pearson is willing to play in the hard areas, willing to hit and has had a lot more success in the NHL.

I agree Pearson is willing to do that. But giving 100%, 50% of the time is not good enough. I’m not saying Goldy will give more but he might inject more energy. He wants to prove.. actually as I’m typing this, I think Goldy is a better option he was just in Greens Dog house. He didn’t always back check enough but he plays hard. Maybe not hitting but he definitely got to the dirty areas. Hell of a playmaker too.

10 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Leivo on the 5v3 is unacceptable.

I like Green and Leivo, but that was a terrible decision.

I KNEW IT! That is why I asked who were out on the 5/3! ( tuned in late ).

I had a gut feeling it wasn't our best, who was out JT Miller because he looked invisible for the first time this year.

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“We’re still a confident group. This was a one-goal game in the 2nd. But in the end, this game sucks. We’ll remember this feeling and we don’t want to feel it again. It’s a long trip and our best hockey is ahead of us.” - Horvat

What's the point in saying this captain?  This was a tie game earlier in the 1st, so what?  lol...BS and don't even know what he is talking about...

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bertorama said:

Dallas is a cup contender. This road trip is going to suck on some nights. Everyone. Lighten up see a bigger picture.  

They are not a cup contender. Their scoring is way too inconsistent. Their playing fine right now but they’ve done nothing to suggest they are a favourite for the cup.

8 minutes ago, Dogcrazy said:

I agreed Coach Green should be held accountable for performance like this, but when you have players like Eriksson, Baertschi and Pearson, there is nothing much a coach can do.  

sure, but he can not dress Eriksson and play MacEwen instead...

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

But he’ll end up paying for it in the end. 

I hope not, I think Benning gets fired first.  It's possible whoever replaces JB will want their own guy coaching after that.  Eh who knows with this ownership.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I'm not a fan of Babcock but we have the tools he is asking for in Toronto. I think he can motivate the guys better when there's a coach of his calibre behind the bench.

Not a fan, would rather prefer someone that has never coached in the NHL but has been a part of a Stanley Cup championship team - not necessarily the stars of the team as well.   Non in our staff has been a part of winning a championship - I could be wrong...