The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former player accuses Flames head coach Bill Peters of using racial slur -- Peters resigns

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Yes. We had eachothers backs. That’s why not 1 of 40 guys came fwd to rat anyone out. My how times have changed.

You need to get a lawyer.

You can claim that the reason you eat too much now a days is because of that one incident where they gave you a big breakfast!!   You gonna get paid!!!

:lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Aliu said he believes that incident with Peters “ruined my career before it started.”

“Look at the numbers. I was on pace for 20 goals in my first pro season and I wasn’t getting any power-play or penalty-kill time. Zero special teams,” Aliu said. “I feel like this ruined my career before it started. I don’t think that can be disputed.

https://www.tsn.ca/akim-aliu-speaks-publicly-on-allegations-against-calgary-flames-head-coach-bill-peters-1.1403974?fbclid=IwAR0Ew1d97usQOH6dR648fIp7afjvDrfHFZznct_skhmBnvfawy8C-P5pBA0

Aliu is setting the stage for a giant lawsuit as he claims that those words and the incident ruined his career. I won't be surprised if we hear him, in the coming weeks, say that he could have played in the NHL and made millions had that one incident not occurred. So now he wants that lost income/money from Peters. 

The words used and actions by Peters were ignorant. But lets face it, if Aliu was good enough to play in the NHL he would have made it. Now he sees this as his chance to make some money.

A sad situation society has devolved to.

I respect the young man for coming forward. But if he turns it into a cash grab, and an excuse for why he didn't have an NHL career. I will lose all respect for him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Because the Cons were so stupid as to nominate a guy who was given an atomic wedgie on a daily basis in high school.

Its hilarious, blackface will probably win another election if the conservative leadership looks as feckless as it does now, under the likes Ford, Kenney, Moe and Scheer. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I respect the young man for coming forward. But if he turns it into a cash grab, and an excuse for why he didn't have an NHL career. I will lose all respect for him. 

I would agree with this.  

Yes...he may have been on pace for 20 goals.  But if he's also a defensive seive, can't play 200 foot game, then 20 goals doesn't mean much if you're always getting beat to the puck.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Careful what you wish for.  Garneau and Freeland both have a much better chance of winning an election.

I disagree about Garneau. JT will be alright the CPC are self destructing. My guess is there will be about 9 or 10 right wing parties in the next election. What an ego maniac Scheer is like step aside you can't even beat Trudeau 

• Haha 1

I won't be surprised to see Aliu trying to cash in but time will tell. this should have been handled behind closed doors with Peter's and Aliu talking it out like grown men. He could have stated his case and Peter's could have apologised in person and settled it.  Instead the race card got played on twitter and causing more division. There isn't a single person on here that will read this (unless they are very young) who hasn't had someone be racist to them and done it themselves to someone else. Doesn't mean people can't change over time and grow as a person. I pointed out Trudeau because of the double standard that exists, he mocked people with his conduct and was also a bit free with his hands on some of the ladies in the pictures. Then again the media has $600 million reasons to cover for him.....