The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers, 7PM PST December 1, 2019 -- B2B Part 2 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

Just now, TNucks1 said:

come on boys get a greasy goal here.

12 mins into the period and this is the first scoring chance this pathetic team has had. some times i wonder why i waste my time watching them. How does oilers always end up these elite players? and we just dont have the lottery luck

5 minutes ago, gameburn said:

He's trying.

In fact, trying too hard: those penalties.  On the other hand, if he hadn't taken those penalties I think there'd be no doubt that he's played well enough to stay in the lineup for a while.

If getting one goal after 28 games is worth rewarding, I'm going to try out for the team!   On the bright side, at least he didn't score on his own team which is how he normally opens his seasons scoring.   At this rate I guess he'll be having a whopping 3 point season.   

(P.S. He's a minor leaguer)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nuck1991 said:

12 mins into the period and this is the first scoring chance this pathetic team has had. some times i wonder why i waste my time watching them. How does oilers always end up these elite players? and we just dont have the lottery luck

Edmonton message board————> 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, gameburn said:

They don't seem to have the ability to play consistently with the style that wins for them.  Either it's a defensive shell or a dump and chase, when they stop playing their best way.  Coaching maybe, not sure.

Not built to dump and chase we don’t have an effective forecheck or puck hounds that get in quick to retrieve it. Every time we dump it in we give up possession. 

Nucks play there best when they go off the rush and carry it in. 

Dump and chase is WD garbage hockey. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

Genuinely think Miller might be the best player on our team at this point. 

Overall game, I would agree.  He's excellent in every aspect of the game and plays a very heavy game.  Great leader as well.