The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Golden Knights @ Canucks Dec 19 2019 - 7pm - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Pouliot could be a good top4 D with right mentor and system. 

Bullied is probably the wrong word... Disliked, ctitisized, whatever. 

Green leaves the defence behind and go all in for boardgrinding. 

Now you start hearing nearly the same about Benn, Meyers as Pouliot and Gud last season. 

Are you the same person that said if you were coaching the team Loui would put up 60 points?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Barry Trotz, IMO, is currently the best coach in the game and he never played an NHL game. He did have 155 PIMs in 50 games in his last season of juniors though, but to put it into perspective, almost every team in the league then had a player with 400+ PIMs and several with 300+.

Bruce Cassidy didn't put up the PIMs. Todd Reirden didn't put up a lot of PIMs. These guys have their teams near the top of the league if not the top.

You may or may not be right in terms of tougher players playing tougher games, but coaches with other styles are effective in the league as well.

Yes, you're probably right, I was just looking for simialrities with successful NHL coaches today. Wondering why Green sucks, thought maybe it was because he was a softy when he played. Oh well. Trotz might not have played in the NHL, but I wouldn't want to piss him off.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yes, you're probably right, I was just looking for simialrities with successful NHL coaches today. Wondering why Green sucks, thought maybe it was because he was a softy when he played. Oh well. Trotz might not have played in the NHL, but I wouldn't want to piss him off.

Could be that Green is a relatively young NHL coach that is also learning the ropes at this level while developing a young team that will have inconsistencies. It took something like 6 years before Trotz found his footing in the league too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Could be that Green is a relatively young NHL coach that is also learning the ropes at this level while developing a young team that will have inconsistencies. It took something like 6 years before Trotz found his footing in the league too.

Maybe you nailed it? Green is inexperienced and learning as he goes. We should expect struggle, growing pains, losing, etc.  

3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Took Al Arbour 8 years to get the Islanders into their Cup run.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice today:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Sutter/Beagle-Motte

Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers
Benn-Stecher

The definition of Insanity is..................................

• Upvote 1

Just now, xereau said:

I want to see the team rush the puck with speed and authority through the neutral zone all game.

I want to see us hit opposition in our own end for once.

Quit it with the passive defense system already!

Take the freaking man, man.

The team feels smothered in systems, and it's in disarray with the constant line blender from Green.

They don't look to be having fun out there.

The team is far too predictable in its systems, and it appears that not even home ice advantage can overcome such milquetoast blandness as the dump and chase with a heaping helping of five man passive collapse.

As long as BumGardener is allowed to ruin the defense, this team will suffer.

2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

yeah because if we don't make it, Gary said he's cancelling the whole thing. My neighbor's dog confirmed this after consuming a plate of weed edibles and listening to Alex Jones on Coast to Coast AM. 

Well played, Tortorella. Well played.

tenor.gif

Edited by PhillipBlunt