The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Russia vs. Canada | Group B | Dec. 28, 2019 | 10:00 AM PT

Rate this topic

Just now, Jack Fig said:

You're living in 2005. Every so often Canada will ice a mega-team, but in most years our roster is beatable. Not a top-notch roster for us this year, nor last year. Better get used to it. The world has caught up. 

That's been the mantra since the late 90's, yet Canada is still the most successful team in that time period.  

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

Most successful, yes. Dominant every year? No. Things gave changed noticeably in the past decade. Where have you been?

Isn't the team that's been the most successful the most dominant?  If you win more than any other team, you're the most dominant, no?

I'm not saying that the tourney isn't far more competitive, but if you don't think other countries look at Canada as the standard, I'm not sure what to tell you 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Isn't the team that's been the most successful the most dominant?  If you win more than any other team, you're the most dominant, no?

I'm not saying that the tourney isn't far more competitive, but if you don't think other countries look at Canada as the standard, I'm not sure what to tell you 

Since 2010 that's changed....

As said earlier, the world has caught up.  I don't think we are "the standard"...I think it's anyone's game.

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

1182 games as a coach in the OHL.

777 wins

9 Division Titles

2 Memorial Cups. 

His one season in the NHL 30 wins, 23 losses, 7 OTL's. Loss in the conference semi finals. 

If he wanted to coach in the NHL, you'd be stupid not to hire him. 

He is another Willie 

can coach at the minor level and can’t handle the pro level 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Russia is showing Canada NO respect today. They're beating them every which way. The proof is on your TV screen right this minute. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

He won’t have to worry about being invited back 

I’ve noticed that you often post about coaching. 

Out of curiosity, what level of hockey have you coached and what level of certification do you have? 

Not that you need credentials to comment, but to be an expert in something, you should have some exposure beyond what the average person can also do or observe, which is a standard in any professional criticism, IMO. 

I’ve only coached amateur women’s, my wife’s team, one season. I have other experiences and references to base NHL coaching comments from, but not credentials. 

• Cheers 2