The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Update) Quinn Hughes voted into NHL All-Star Game (Last Man Standing)

Rate this topic

Pete M

6 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Funny thing is that Cale Makar has not made the team.  Those Avs fans could not get their **** together and put in the votes.  Could've been so cool to see them as a pairing.

They can't play as a pairing.  They're in different divisions.

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

McDavid lost in the faster skater to one of his teammates on Edmonton.  I forgot who though.  It was this years superskills competition for the Oilers.

I would obviously be stoked if Hughes can do it , i just dont think he is fast enough is all. 

42 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

That's whose record McDavid beat. I think Petey is much faster than Hughes in a straight line. I'd like to see him in that race

I know, but I think Larkin can retake the record is what I was saying.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Funny thing is that Cale Makar has not made the team.  Those Avs fans could not get their **** together and put in the votes.  Could've been so cool to see them as a pairing.

Couldn't agree more on both counts.  Those two are each going to be a yardstick for each other during their careers and it would be great to see what they can do together just for fun.

"It's a great accomplishment. He's such a good kid, nevermind how good a hockey player he is, but any time you have a young player do something like that -- and we've been fortunate -- you're proud of him. You're happy for him. Obviously that's three rookies in a row that we've sent there, and that's exciting for the individual players and their teammates, but it's also very exciting for our fans and our city as well that you see these young players doing well." - Green on Hughes heading to All-Star Game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

that's three rookies in a row that we've sent there, and that's exciting for the individual players and their teammates, but it's also very exciting for our fans and our city as well that you see these young players doing well." - Green

Cheers for that VC.

Whomever hated JB before, whatever mistakes he has made in his career as a GM?

Thats amazing! Also a good stat for Green.  Everyone use to dump on AV because he would not play rookies. Not me BTW.  Green has three all stars in a row!

I wonder the last time a team sent a rookie to the all star game 3 years in a row?