The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Conservative Party of Canada Holds Annual Convention

DonLever

2 hours ago, Robert Long said:

I didn't put words in your mouth, I asked you a simple question, which you have dodged. Its pretty easy, how do you know you are a straight person? You seem very clear that for gay people thats a choice. Why isn't it as clear for you being straight? 

How did I dodge your question?  I answered it.

When did I say being Gay was 100% a choice?  I agreed with the other poster that it could be a combination of Nature + Nurture. 

Also.  You never answered my question.   Is being gay always 100% born that way and not a choice?  Did you find a poll that stated that being the case?  Are you a psychology major that has extensively studied the subject matter?

Seriously.   Stop being a SJW.  You're barking up the wrong tree.

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

How did I dodge your question?  I answered it.

When did I say being Gay was 100% a choice?  I agreed with the other poster that it could be a combination of Nature + Nurture. 

Also.  You never answered my question.   Is being gay always 100% born that way and not a choice?  Did you find a poll that stated that being the case?  Are you a psychology major that has extensively studied the subject matter?

Seriously.   Stop being a SJW.  You're barking up the wrong tree.

an SJW? sorry you can't label someone you don't know that way to get out from under a statement.

You just claimed it could be nature+nurture. All I'm asking you is if that holds true for you too. 

Just now, Robert Long said:

an SJW? sorry you can't label someone you don't know that way to get out from under a statement.

You just claimed it could be nature+nurture. All I'm asking you is if that holds true for you too. 

Yes.  It probably could be. 

If you were raised by how people around you on how you should behave and act, don't you think that will in some way affect your own behavior and thought process?  Maybe affect your own affections to others?

I know someone who was "straight" and lost their wife at an early young adult life.  He tried dating other women but it was disappointment after disappointment.  He found solace/comfort with his gay friend.  And soon after they became lovers.  He never said he was "born gay" but found happiness with his new partner. 

So what basically what it amounts to is that all people just want to be loved.

And you still haven't answered any of my questions. 

8 minutes ago, BPA said:

Yes.  It probably could be. 

If you were raised by how people around you on how you should behave and act, don't you think that will in some way affect your own behavior and thought process?  Maybe affect your own affections to others?

I know someone who was "straight" and lost their wife at an early young adult life.  He tried dating other women but it was disappointment after disappointment.  He found solace/comfort with his gay friend.  And soon after they became lovers.  He never said he was "born gay" but found happiness with his new partner. 

So what basically what it amounts to is that all people just want to be loved.

And you still haven't answered any of my questions. 

Thanks, thats an interesting answer. 

my answer back is: we are born with a certain capacity for the full spectrum of relationships. You cannot force someone to be attracted to something they are not.

57 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I'm curious, what is the solution or is there even one?  

I think we all agree we need change but how do we change and ensure that change stays?

Proportional representation.  Leader of the most voted for party has the seat.  Cabinets MUST be created from all elected representatives to ensure every citizen is represented.

That would be a good start.  But only a start.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Proportional representation.  Leader of the most voted for party has the seat.  Cabinets MUST be created from all elected representatives to ensure every citizen is represented.

That would be a good start.  But only a start.

I don't want an Israeli style government. How about political parties that actually do the work of connecting with the grassroots. Libs, CPC, NDP are all top down outfits. Not sure about the Greenies or Bloc. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Squamfan said:

think the ice did damage to Theo

I respect Theo for what he had to go through. I don't respect him using his celebrity status to influence the elections by adding his own uninformed 'take' on politics. Labelling people as 'a gang of corrupt criminals' is flat out slander. Unless you can legitimately prove someone is a criminal (i.e. they went to jail for it), no one should use these broad titles to describe anyone. This is divisive style politics that appeals to the weaker minded individual, as seen south of the border.

I'm still shocked that people in Canada still think Trump is a "good businessman". I just talked to a person I would normally respect. Ignorance really is incurable.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I respect Theo for what he had to go through. I don't respect him using his celebrity status to influence the elections by adding his own uninformed 'take' on politics. Labelling people as 'a gang of corrupt criminals' is flat out slander. Unless you can legitimately prove someone is a criminal (i.e. they went to jail for it), no one should use these broad titles to describe anyone. This is divisive style politics and really doesn't productively change anything. This is the same ignorant style of politics that appeals to the weaker minded individual, as seen south of the border.

The question I have.  Is with all the RCMP and independent investigations.  There's been zero criminal charges at all.

Yet they still repeat it

• Like 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

The question I have.  Is with all the RCMP and independent investigations.  There's been zero criminal charges at all.

Yet they still repeat it

Well, "obviously" the investigations have been rigged...

This is the same ignorant garbage that Trump has been spewing that Fleury has now shown he will believe. We are somewhat lucky that we have a smaller population to draw on. If we had the same US population, we'll end up with even more stupid people.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Well, "obviously" the investigations have been rigged...

This is the same ignorant garbage that Trump has been spewing that Fleury has now shown he will believe. We are somewhat lucky that we have a smaller population to draw on. If we had the same US population, we'll end up with even more stupid people.

Trudeau's not innocent by any stretch imo.  But he's also not guilty of criminal wrong doing as these people suggest.

It seems shameful that the only recourse they have is to keep claiming he's a terrorist loving criminal

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Trudeau's not innocent by any stretch imo.  But he's also not guilty of criminal wrong doing as these people suggest.

It seems shameful that the only recourse they have is to keep claiming he's a terrorist loving criminal

That's the problem. There's a saying: sometimes the treatment is worse than the disease.

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I see that you have Albert Camus as your avatar.....

...regarding "free will", I'd like to quote one of my favorite philosophers:

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"....

- Neil Peart -

He is, indeed. I'm a determinist, so do we.really have a choice either way?

8 hours ago, Robert Long said:

the "free will" thread would be fun. I'm in if you want to start that up. 

I've almost created one multiple times but have always decided against it. I may have to revisit the idea again.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I respect Theo for what he had to go through. I don't respect him using his celebrity status to influence the elections by adding his own uninformed 'take' on politics. Labelling people as 'a gang of corrupt criminals' is flat out slander. Unless you can legitimately prove someone is a criminal (i.e. they went to jail for it), no one should use these broad titles to describe anyone. This is divisive style politics that appeals to the weaker minded individual, as seen south of the border.

I'm still shocked that people in Canada still think Trump is a "good businessman". I just talked to a person I would normally respect. Ignorance really is incurable.

Trudeau is lot of things, part of corrupt criminal gang he is not.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

5 hours ago, gurn said:

One of JT's broken promises that tick me off. Electoral reform was a major reason for Canadian support in the previous election and they reneged.

I've said this before, but I will never forgive Trudeau for walking back on that.  I'm not sure which pissed me off more: the fact that he reneged or the pathetically flimsy excuse he offered for doing so.

5 hours ago, Undrafted said:

I've said this before, but I will never forgive Trudeau for walking back on that.  I'm not sure which pissed me off more: the fact that he reneged or the pathetically flimsy excuse he offered for doing so.

Electoral reform wasn't as easy as he thought it would be to do it. Still, he decriminalized pot, as he promised, despite the tooth and nail fight against the US. Surely that counts for something right?

There are a lot of reasons why electoral reform would not be desired by the elites of the country. Meanwhile, decriminalizing pot doesn't cost the elites anything.