The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues at Canucks - Getting Back To Business Edition - Jan.27th, 2020 @ 7pm, Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

1 minute ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

If Boeser is on you’re 3rd line you’ve got to take Roussel off of it. He hasn’t done anything offensively in a month. 

Either switch him out for Motte or Sutter to minimize altering too many lines 

edit: usually when i bash someone they score so expect a goal from him tonight 

Rousell has been useless lately. I noticed his complete lack of intensity early in the first.

6 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

It's hard to rag on him because he's definitely trying to play a more patient game but his brain just doesn't process the game fast enough yet. Can can keep up physically but mentally he's always two steps behind when he plays in the top six. He's producing in spite of that deficiency which is nice.

Likely a fair assessments. He looks fine when someone else carries the puck in but definitely looks out of sync to me when he is trying to start the play... 

6 hours ago, flat land fish said:

That’s not the way I see it.  Gaudette will drive play for the line.  He is more of a shoot first center but let’s call it like it was,  Brock was shoot option 3 on the lotto line.  On this line he will be expected to shoot/drive play more which I think is good for Brock 

Gaudette, however, isn't driving play.

2nd highest ozone starts on the team - 57.3%

45.1% corsi  is not strong - worst differential in that respect on the team.

He's not a strong possession player (yet - not by any stretch) - and therefore is being/has been sheltered - as is usual for a young rookie center.

Maybe someday in the future Gaudette will 'drive' a line - but that's not the present.