The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]: Canucks vs Isles, Feb. 1st, 2020, 10 PST on SNP

Rate this topic

Qwags

Jennifer , the Isles analyst did a good segment on the Canucks D blocking shots and clogging up the middle in this game getting sticks on passes and shots, with a bunch of video clips to support her analysis.  Saying the D isn't getting enough credit in Vancouver.  

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Want to see McWhiner get ^&^ed up today for his childish tantrum on the bench.  Tough to tell whether McDavid or Tkachuk is a bigger b****.

Obviously you didn't see the documentary on what McDavid went through after his injury last year.  The kid is a beast.  He has +++ reasons to be pissed off when a player makes a stupid move like what Gio did.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Want to see McWhiner get ^&^ed up today for his childish tantrum on the bench.  Tough to tell whether McDavid or Tkachuk is a bigger b****.

You’d be livid too if the same player tried to take out the same knee with a dirty play. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I’m not an Oilers fan by any means, but if you had a near career ending knee injury that you spent a year fighting to rehab to be able to still have a career and someone stuck the leg out on you on the same knee you would probably be upset too. 

Wasn't clean but McDavid is one of the biggest crybabies in the game. 

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Obviously you didn't see the documentary on what McDavid went through after his injury last year.  The kid is a beast.  He has +++ reasons to be pissed off when a player makes a stupid move like what Gio did.

I don't like watching documentaries on players who play for AHL teams.

6 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I couldn’t agree more. Sticking your leg out like that is so dangerous and has no place in our game. Predatory and unacceptable. If the NHL isn’t going to do anything about it than the players have to police themselves. 

Yup, that is why you need a team mentality where if a player does that to ANY teammate, the team as a whole goes out and stands up for said teammate and drops the mitts. Shows unity and standing up for your team. We saw the Bruins run over us, no retribution and the end result. Fighting is not a mainstay anymore but dirty hits need to still have action imo. 

Sign me, I play for league minimum and wouldn't be afraid to drop the mitts for any fellow Canuck no matter who the Giant beast of a tough guy it might be...

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

You’d be livid too if the same player tried to take out the same knee with a dirty play. 

Yup, Coilers should have lost their $&!# imo. Who cares about the potential 2 pts if you lose your best player due to a similar play. KassHole should be out for revenge tonight!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Giordano and the Flames are dirty period. The Flames are one of the dirtiest and gutless team in the league. I hate the Oilers because they are in our division and fighting for the same playoff spots, nothing else. I hate the Flames way more because of their classless players, fans and organization in general.

• Cheers 1