The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Carolina Hurricanes | Feb. 02, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I Agree 100% Jake has earned his ice time. I just seriously doubt that lines being switched on a back to back game has anything to do with his development.

If it weren’t for the patience and coaching over the last few years. Jake could be in the minors. With him breaking out this year I no reason to believe otherwise. Could have easily went the other way, that’s why I’m not questioning the development of Jake Virtanen.

The power play, it’s been a top 5 PP. I think it’s still 7th after this slump. Boys are gonna work through that. Also JV is essentially QB of the second unit which is scoring better then most 2nd units right now I bet. I believe 4 of the last PP goals were from that unit?

You gonna replace Hughes with him and put him on the top unit? Cause he’s essentially in Hughes spot on the second unit. 

Funny how much we are winning. The breakout seasons some of these players are having but after a shootout loss there’s questions of development?

I was thinking of replacing Bo or Boes and definitely not Hughes that's crazy. I have stated its not so much the W's or L's right now but more the young guys development with a main goal of playoff experience for this season.

Just now, EdgarM said:

I was thinking of replacing Bo or Boes and definitely not Hughes that's crazy. I have stated its not so much the W's or L's right now but more the young guys development with a main goal of playoff experience for this season.

I agree with you, I’m on board. I just don’t know if this the right thing to worry about after one. Theres people on here that think Boeser is 30 years old too lol. His development is equally as important. 

I guess at the end of the day if we are sitting here discussing why JV wasn’t on the first line. This team has gone a long ways and I’m excited about that 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Back to back morning games on east coast.

These were 10am 11am games for their body clocks.

3/4 Pts. What else does this fan base want.

Great effort by the boys. Great to get a point. On to BOS.

And now sit 5 points back of the Blues for first in the West, still first in the Pacific, now let's just kick the Bruins a#$. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

If a coach wants to ruin a young player’s confidence there is no quicker way than to sit him the first sign of poor play.  Jake will go back to thinking about making mistakes again, instead of just playing naturally.  Our team is great, but IMO Green is not the coach to take us to a Cup.  

Sit him? He played about 14:30. His season average is 12:50. Tonight's minutes have been right around how much he's played in the last 10 games aside from a couple of games where he's been given more minutes. This wasn't demotion for Jake, it was a minor shakeup cause the team was flat. Not that surprising considering its the 3rd game of a road trip and a back to back morning games weekend.

Our record in the last 17 games speaks for itself. One loss where we showed resiliency and got a point against an Eastern team and suddenly our coach is no longer able to take us potentially to a Cup? The team is good, but the coaching gets some credit as the team isn't winning in spite of the coaches. The players have praised the coaching staff all year, they are certainly playing for them and each other right now.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

The team is good, but the coaching gets some credit as the team isn't winning in spite of the coaches. The players have praised the coaching staff all year, they are certainly playing for them and each other right now.

There are people on here that give Green 0 praise no matter what happens. Not saying this in particular is the case with Alf.

I see a coach developing just like the team and I think he’s done a wonderful job so far.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I said sorry to the easy woman,

It was rude of me to compare Myers to easy women, rude towards the easy women

Well, well,  How you change your tune everyday  ,  weren't you crying the blues yesterday  about rudeness ?(  in your  Travis Green in reference to Boesser  posts)  and you say that crap  ,  See when you do this you just lose creditability  ( quote from another one your posts)  ,  nothing but a troll  spewing crap 

• Cheers 1