The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Carolina Hurricanes | Feb. 02, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Anyone who know the absolute basics of tge game can see how we get running around in our own end and then panic when the blue line is in sight. 

Baumer has no clue. Luckily we have Hughes who do can skate us out of trouble. Even Garrett has mentioned several times that we need to focus on getting it over our blue line when we get into a jam.

the glass is your friend Baumer 

that said, one point in Carolina is big 

It was the Back end of a Back to Back of course they didn't play their best hockey no one is saying wasn't that the best game you ever did see, wow those Canucks where on fire, 

They were probably tired and still came back in the 3rd against a very defensive team, my guess if it wasn't a back to back it wouldn't have been close

Edited by Arrow 1983

1 hour ago, Arrow 1983 said:

What I'm surprised about is Myers not out in the OT at all 

Green seems to have zero faith in his defensive game right now, and Myers is supposed to be a good skater which I would think would help in OT 

Myers is way above Sutter in OT... 

• Wat 1

What I would of done for OT is this

Petey/Boeser   I would maybe start Bo to win faceoff then replace with Petey right away.

Horvat/Pearson

Miller/Virtanen

Otherwise you put Gaudette out there who doesn't win draws and who struggles defensively or Sutter who doesn't have an offensive game.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 hours ago, Kushman said:

An assist for John Shorthouse jinxing the team from the start of OT... "Canucks team has never lost to Carolina in extra time" 

"Demko is 7-7 in shootouts this year".. Carolina proceeds to score two and win.

Just shut up. Talk about those stats after the game you plug

You believe what you wrote? lol Maybe Shorty can say "Brock won't score any more goals" and then Boeser will light it up!

• Haha 2

One thing caught my eyes, is Tanev that can skate very fast with the puck.  I wondered why he wasn't skating with the puck, boy, he can really skate that didn't show us since he joined with this team over the years.   Hope that we can keep him next season even against the cap.  Maybe Myer can be traded this off season for something and gives us some room, cap-wise.  Myer is still worth 6 million on any other team.  His contract will become a modified NTC this off-season.   Most teams will take him in a heartbeat, even for that salary.  Ask ourselves a question, do we want to keep Tanev and let go Myer or keep Myer and let go Tanev?   I would take Tanev.  

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

You make good points Arrow. But this is not one of them. Very poorly thought out and a very rude reply. 

Rude to who easy women 

I am sorry Myers is actually worse then you easy woman I apologies to all the easy women you guys are far better then Myers

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Wat 4

8 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Your kidding right that is not what I said about Myers at all

Myers sucks at a possession game and is likely to cough it up if you blow wind at him

Blow him a kiss and he would cough it up

Myers so easy if he was a woman he would have 10 children by now

Sorry, but Myers would drag the puck in ozone and then let the other 2 play around with it.

Myers problem is to get back in time when he is offensive... 

4 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Can you tell me how Myers is even better then Stecher that's the Bar cause 

Myers Vs Edler

Or Myers Vs Tanev

wouldn't give Myers a chance

They have different qualities... If you don't see that why do you even try to analyze?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1