The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Bruins - Feb 04 2020 - 4pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

5 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

It does. The puck can re enter the zone if it’s pushed in before the line. McAvoy didn’t touch it until Kuraly tagged up. 

But the guy that’s offside is a few feet from the puck and is in the play. 

You can’t have offside players part of the play, it’s always whistled down even if they don’t touch the puck.

I know everyone's upset about the off side call but im more infuriated that there was no call on that Greaselick guy for that late hit on Petey! seriously, Roussel better be on that line for the rest of the game and take runs at that scrub. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I still don't get it.

He had the puck out of the zone and brought it in before his team mate got out of the zone. Just cause he wasn't touching it at the time, he just had, he had possession.

Offside.

it's a tag up, no different than a dump in and tag up.  McAvoy doesn't touch it until after the player tags up.  It's the blink of an eye, but it's legit.

• Wat 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I still don't get it.

He had the puck out of the zone and brought it in before his team mate got out of the zone. Just cause he wasn't touching it at the time, he just had, he had possession.

Offside.

My understanding would be that it was a very brief 'delayed offside', the bruin tagged up then he touched it.

• Cheers 1

Complete nonsense Armstrong.

McAvoy touched the puck - had the puck - possessed the puck - moved it to himself from outside to inside the blueline.   Simpy because it isn't glued to his stick is irrelevent.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You can’t have offside players part of the play, it’s always whistled down even if they don’t touch the puck.

he tags up

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

But McAvoy didn’t play the puck until Kuraly cleared. The puck ca re enter the zone and still be in play if no attacking player touches the puck until they all clear.