The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 16, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, rychicken said:

I've been hoping like mad that we would trade him before the deadline....today didn't help the cause..

IMO Stecher only has value as s rental, and in all honesty not a very good one.  No team will trade for Troy and resign him.  His QO is going to be too much.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we play like we have since the other teams have ramped up their compete, we will not make the playoffs.  

Hopefully this last stretch of games will make them realize they need to ramp it up, our leadership group needs to step it up and lead the way

13 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Indeed. This isn't an emotional reaction after one loss. Allot of us saw this coming after all the blowout losses, and the amount of games Markstrom has to steal, and the frequency of uninspired efforts . 

gee thats what goalies do, they steal games, all teams do not play inspired hockey for 82 games. this is a young team who have had their ups and downs,  nobody expected us to be where we are and it hasn't all been Markstrom

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, mikkim said:

Hopefully this last stretch of games will make them realize they need to ramp it up, our leadership group needs to step it up and lead the way

Will our coach’s philosophy and his systems allow us to ramp up our compete?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Will our coach’s philosophy and his systems allow us to ramp up our compete?

I think it's more on the leadership group to ramp our compete level, Beagle and Pearson have both won cups, Edler has been to the finals, they know what it takes, Horvat was our only bright spot the last time we were in the playoffs, he needs to be playing better right now, as far as systems that could be better, the way the ducks collapsed in front of the net was playoff style hockey and something maybe the coaching staff should look at

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

"We played better than the game in Chicago" Travis Green coach of the Vancouver Canucks 2020. Nothing wrong there. If you change nothing nothing changes.

Okay Mr Misquoterson... he said "some might say that we played better than the game vs Chicago"... We gave up 49 shots against that game, thankfully Markstrom stopped them all. If your looking at shots against and quality chances for opposition, he is probably right.

We obviously didn't play our best game but we also hit like 3 posts, Sutter fanned on a glorious PP opportunity after the first goal which would have made it 1-1 and completely changed the game, not to mention the BS unsportsmanlike call. Just wasn't our night.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, mikkim said:

I think it's more on the leadership group to ramp our compete level, Beagle and Pearson have both won cups, Edler has been to the finals, they know what it takes, Horvat was our only bright spot the last time we were in the playoffs, he needs to be playing better right now, as far as systems that could be better, the way the ducks collapsed in front of the net was playoff style hockey and something maybe the coaching staff should look at

I agree our systems need to change.  

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s your opinion,  my opinion is Green’s systems, decisions, and passive philosophy is holding us back.  IMO a coach like Babcock would bring an arrogant aggression to our team, and we would play with far more passion. 

You may get your wish if we miss the playoffs again.  Someones head will roll.  Though from what we know about Babcock hes probably not the right answer.

Just watching the replay of Myers get full on ragdolled by Manson. It was like he got Zach Kassian'd. Yeah cant wait for guys like Tryamkin and Hoglander and god willing Ferland to come back cause Myers got absolutely wrecked almost exactly the way Tkachuk got wrecked only Myers has a foot on Tkachuck so its extra bad.

Edited by Shirotashi
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Okay Mr Misquoterson... he said "some might say that we played better than the game vs Chicago"... We gave up 49 shots against that game, thankfully Markstrom stopped them all. If your looking at shots against and quality chances for opposition, he is probably right.

We obviously didn't play our best game but we also hit like 3 posts, Sutter fanned on a glorious PP opportunity after the first goal which would have made it 1-1 and completely changed the game, not to mention the BS unsportsmanlike call. Just wasn't our night.

We got run out of our own rink. We were way too passive.  

6 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

yeah some might say HE basically alluded to saying HE thought that too so I paraphrased big fing deal.

Edited by Shirotashi

I am not smart enough to be an NHL coach, but seeing Green's post-game comments makes me think he doesn't have the right stuff to coach this team to success. IMHO his attitude says everything and it is reflected in how the boys played tonight. Not impressed and unitl there is more effort on a consistent basis he will be my number one reason for failure.

• Like 1