The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 16, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The outshooting opponent thing is irrelevant. Once the Ducks got a 2 goal lead, they play the trap and sat back on the lead. Canucks had some shots, but not many were grade A chances. No one was there to bury the rebound if it is there. This game was just a bad all around game we should move on and focus on the last 2 home games before we head back on the road against. &^@#ing Ducks and Gibson especially has had our number for a long time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 6string said:

I fail to see the connection...

Really? by your post you seemed to think that the canucks finishing first would give them two rounds, I just said that didn't work for the two teams I mentioned who finished first in there division last year, thats the connection 

1 minute ago, Knucklehd said:

Alf, your hate and vitriol for Green is misplaced and unwarranted.  Up until today we were in first place in our division for crying out loud, most authorities had us missing the playoffs.

That’s your opinion,  my opinion is Green’s systems, decisions, and passive philosophy is holding us back.  IMO a coach like Babcock would bring an arrogant aggression to our team, and we would play with far more passion. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Demko - I'm sorry, i know the defence was terrible tonight, but he was no better. out of position, scrambling all over the place and was shaky overall. on the 3rd goal i believe he stood all the way up and just couldn't get in position in time leaving the net wide open. As a result, I thought the team played shaky in front of him as well.

Almost looked like a goalie who hasn't seen a lot of game time lately.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Virtue signalling has nothing to do with it. 

Why you here then? Better question why are you still here? Look man I get you just want to be positive and be

that beacon of shining light that never doubts the team but other people just want to vent a bit and get some things

off their chest. But its all good you do you.

5 minutes ago, mikkim said:

Really? by your post you seemed to think that the canucks finishing first would give them two rounds, I just said that didn't work for the two teams I mentioned who finished first in there division last year, thats the connection 

No, those two teams steamrolled through their divisions. This year you have four teams battling for three spots with the division title up for grabs. 

Way different scenario! Finish strong and have momentum on your side rather than lollygagging for the first round to start.

Edited by 6string

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s your opinion,  my opinion is Green’s systems, decisions, and passive philosophy is holding us back.  IMO a coach like Babcock would bring an arrogant aggression to our team, and we would play with far more passion. 

I'm beginning to think you are (a gradually coming out of the closet) Leafs fan.  Only a Leaf fan could possibly love the way that team played while Babs was in charge.  What gives Alf?