The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 16, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No creativity would be your copy paste whining posts about Green. 

It’s too bad you just sit there in a sinking ship saying all is good, nothing to see here 

how many times has this team come out flat in big games under Green?

when we are all wondering what the h happened when are on the outside looking in for yet another year will you finally give up the Green worshipping? 

• Wat 2

3 hours ago, mikkim said:

Good thing Markstrom is part of the team, any team that goes deep into the playoffs do so because of the goalie standing on his head

Turco stood on his head against us in 2007.  Recorded three shutouts in that series.  His team still lost.

An important piece....but not the only piece.  Even Patrick Roy needed all those OT goals by Claude Lemieux when they won the Cup one year.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

It’s too bad you just sit there in a sinking ship saying all is good, nothing to see here 

when we are all wondering what the h happened when are on the outside looking in for yet another year will you finally give up the Green worshipping? 

Green gets the full year with his team to see what he can do. Has nothing to do with “worshipping” Green...

Just because I'm not mindlessly calling for his head every gdt and pgt does not mean I worship him. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

For me, I prefer balanced game, offence and defence but so far lately, I feel that Green is employing too defensive-oriental in their defensive zone.  I am not a fan of collapse formation and I feel that it wears the goaltender out.  Demko is one of example who will not success with this type of team game.  Marky is the only one that can do it but not Demko.   Green is on a short leash this coming Fall if this tactics continue.   I do not want to see morale getting worn out because of this tactics.  The players can only do so much.  I prefer the balanced game.   The question is, did we miss a boat by seeing others team gobbling up good coaches by other teams?   This is not a bandwagon question because the team did not do well in November and I do not want to see a repeat of the slump in PP, PK, and too much pressure in our defensive zone.  

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Green gets the full year with his team to see what he can do. Has nothing to do with “worshipping” Green...

Just because I'm not mindlessly calling for his head every gdt and pgt does not mean I worship him. 

You defend him game after game. Even when he makes clueless decisions (like starting Demko today) ....when we had 2 full days off before our next game day 

Some of us are just willing to call out the dumb decisions he makes 

good thing he saved his timeouts today, would not want to pull the gang together after we went down by 2 early In the game 

41 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Turco stood on his head against us in 2007.  Recorded three shutouts in that series.  His team still lost.

An important piece....but not the only piece.  Even Patrick Roy needed all those OT goals by Claude Lemieux when they won the Cup one year.

As I've said a couple times, I probably should have worded it better, but it does not change the fact that in the 50 years of NHL playoffs that I have been watching the team that won the cup has had amazing goaltending, having great goaltending does not guarantee that you will win it but chances are you will not get there without it, would Claude Lemieux even get a chance to get all of those OT winners if it wasn't for Roys goaltending? It is a full team effort with great goaltending being a big part of it.

Edited by mikkim
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Wait until Boston comes in and pushes us around ... again 

Green will stand there behind the bench, shake his head, have that ridiculous smirk on his face, not say anything to his team, make sure nobody steps up to respond and then come up with some ridiculous post game statement about how the guys were tired, or learning, or taken advantage of 

• Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You defend him game after game. Even when he makes clueless decisions (like starting Demko today) ....when we had 2 full days off before our next game day 

good thing he saved his timeouts today, would not want to pull the gang together after we went down by 2 early In the game 

I hear what you are saying here but it is also an easy out as well. Remember all the years of Barry Trotz in Nashville and he was always in the playoffs and never went far. After a number of years people were convinced it was his fault. Players were traded but results the same. So they canned him. He goes to Washington and had the top team or close to top team in the league and then they lost to Pittsburgh.  Same talk all over again about how he wasn't a good enough coach etc. Then the next year he won it all.... and Washington's owners were caught with there pants down and lost him as they didn't renew his contract.  Then he goes to the Islanders and a team that was picked by a lot to miss the playoffs had an amazing season.  So is Trotz the problem or does it just take that many years to get lucky and have everything click? How about Quennville... did he just benefit from the roster in Chicago.... cause he got himself fired and now he aint doing much in Florida.  So how do we know if coach Green is the problem or is it Trader Jim has to boost the roster more? When is it the coach, when is it the Gm and when is it the players fault... endless 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Starting Demko wasn't a clueless decision...

I agree he could have and hasn't used timeouts enough to this point. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I left after 1 period..bad vibes. Cycling in the mtns.

Return & check pc(hopeful-like)..ah well.

Gonna need patience kiddies. PO's might still be a dogfight.

It will be a battle right to the wire, we are 5 points out of 1st in the conference and 3 points from 8th, it is tight.

And I love hopping on my bike and riding for hours ::D

Edited by mikkim
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Starting Demko wasn't a clueless decision...

I agree he could have and hasn't used timeouts enough to this point. 

Demko was a clueless move 

Marky was red hot and we didn’t have anything near back to back games, dumb decision 

you play the hot hand, always 

but Green is smarter than all before him apparently 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Demko was a clueless move 

Marky was red hot and we didn’t have anything near back to back games, dumb decision 

you play the hot hand, always 

but Green is smarter than all before him apparently 

Or playing Demko gives Markstrom a much needed rest after a 49 save performance and a couple days rest. While getting Demko some needed ice time. You don't always play the hot hand tired cliche is tired. 

Not a clueless move and to suggest so is a clueless move as you are not in the locker room talking to Markstrom and Ian Clark to definitively call it a clueless move. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

are you going to watch the next game? I mean you hate Green, the ship is sinking !!!

Edited by bree2

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I'm beginning to think you are (a gradually coming out of the closet) Leafs fan.  Only a Leaf fan could possibly love the way that team played while Babs was in charge.  What gives Alf? 

Why does anyone who post critically of the team have to be a closet fan for another team? Jesus christ with the people on these forums...