The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Leafs Feb 29 2020 - 4:00 Pacific - HNIC - Leap Year Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

4 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Demko will be okay for next season he just has to adjust to being the starter suddenly. If Markstrom is resolved and he stays then Demko would be selected even if it was just to traded.

I don't think any of the top management people, the really important one's have had their contracts renewed and most expire at the end of this season, including Green's. Benning was the only guy that got another 2 + 1 contract and that IMO was so he could still operate and not be a "lame duck" GM.

At the end of this season it will almost be a clean slate of re-signing, retaining or other decisions.

What does it mean when just about all the management people and all of the players have not had their contracts renewed?

I have full trust in JB that he will keep what makes sense for the betterment of the team and will make changes where needed. He will make his assessment at the end of the season and he will do what makes sense for us to be successful. 

21 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Heard you the first time.  Feel free to  stay away if the team loses.  It's not likely you will be missed.

heard me the first time? bro this is my first time posting in like 3 days... because i stay away after the team loses and these boards become chock-full of 40+ year old men who project their hate for themselves and dissatisfaction they have in their own lives towards a bunch of men who lost a game, whilst telling everyone how much better they could've done it.

The whole thing reminds me of working on a construction site. Everyone hates their own lives so much that they revel in other people failures and point fingers as a way to distract themselves from their own misery. They love to talk about how stupid the government is, how the man is bringing them down, or how their local sports team is a bunch of bums. I ain't bout it. 

Also "It's not likely you'll be missed" LOL good one dude

Edited by Yung1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I have full trust in JB that he will keep what makes sense for the betterment of the team and will make changes where needed. He will make his assessment at the end of the season and he will do what makes sense for us to be successful. 

All by himself?

42 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Wow, totally missed the point. 

Your expectations are that Demko should be playing at a certain level, like other Back Up Goalies in the NHL. I was simply pointing out that he is still young and developing. 

I'm aware of that. Been following his development since the day he was drafted.

He's been working with Clark for 2 yrs now. Time to show his improvements.. 3 bad games in a row would not be good not only for Demko but any goalie in NHL. Starter or backup.

Here's hoping he doesn't allow an early soft one.

Personally I'm expecting him to have a very good game tonight. 

I think he'll be solid.

cheers

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

We'll see. 

Are you saying give them DiPietro + another small add to take a different roster player? That could interest Seattle. Maybe DiPietro plus a 3rd round pick and they take a healthy Ferland with 70  games played next season..

Too many variables. We'll see what happens in summer. 

Yeah exactly.  Give them DiPietro plus something for them to take a roster player we don’t care about.  They may be in the phase of building the team up from scratch and DiPietro may fit a good age group for them while he’s too far away to be part of our window. 

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, WolfxHaley said:

It’s even worse that he has the squarest head in the league... maybe more of a rectangle with that 5 head he’s got 

I forgot to mention the very noticeable row of hair plugs. Maybe they'll make him keep his helmut on for interviews. 

34 minutes ago, IRR said:

People who want the team to succeed shouldn't be constantly negative / ignorant in regards to all aspects of the team, even when things are going well!!! Also, there's a big difference between realist / what i just mentioned. People like myself and the other poster aren't trying to tell people how to be fans, we're just tired of the constant underlying negativity from some so called fans when there's absolutely no reason for it. It's called balance, not the glass is always half empty no matter what!!

Extra marks for multiple exclamation points. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, J-P said:

Gonna watch Tampa take on Flames at home. Tampa’s lost 4 straight so good luck getting any points tonight flames...

Watching as well. 

CGY got scored on with 0.1 secs left vs NSH and lost in OT last game. What a kick in the gut that must have felt like. They're in a race with NSH for a wild card playoff spot.

51 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

really hoping for a win tonight so all the whiners in this thread can go back in their hole for a few days

Nah even when we win, they find something to whine about. We got outshot/relying too much on goaltending, PP sucks, Loui shouldn't be in the lineup, Green has B.O., Myers hasn't found the cure for cancer, etc.

31 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

heard me the first time? bro this is my first time posting in like 3 days... because i stay away after the team loses and these boards become chock-full of 40+ year old men who project their hate for themselves and dissatisfaction they have in their own lives towards a bunch of men who lost a game, whilst telling everyone how much better they could've done it.

The whole thing reminds me of working on a construction site. Everyone hates their own lives so much that they revel in other people failures and point fingers as a way to distract themselves from their own misery. They love to talk about how stupid the government is, how the man is bringing them down, or how their local sports team is a bunch of bums. I ain't bout it. 

Also "It's not likely you'll be missed" LOL good one dude

69814EB7-5994-44B5-AE64-5EBE98EFE52A.jpeg

• Wat 1