The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #15

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #15  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #15 Canuck of All-Time?

• R. Kesler
    • H. Snepsts
    • J. Lumme
    • A. Boudrias
    • D. Kearns
    • D. Lever
    • T. Tanti
    • B. Morrison
    • K. Bieksa
    • S. Salo

This poll is closed to new votes

14th for #14! Burrows ekes out the win over Kesler, though despite winning by just three votes, I believe Burrows did hold the lead the whole time. Sami Salo did quite well in nominations, with his six nominations doubling the next highest (Mogilny at three), so Salo was added as a voting option.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

-------------------

#11 - T. Bertuzzi

#12 - M. Ohlund

#13 - R. Brodeur

#14 - A. Burrows

• Vintage 2

Voting again for Kesler and continuing to nominate the super skilled Alex Mogilny.

I feel very much the same with the Bieksa nomination as I do with the Salo one--too soon. I really loved both players, but both only had a few moments when they were better than 3/4 defensemen. They played a lot of games for the team, but they don't match up to others like Lidster (if we're just looking at defensemen who aren't nominated yet). I have both Juice and Salo quite a bit lower than my current nomination of Mogilny.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Vote:  Harold Snepsts.  4x Defenseman of the year for the Canucks.  2x All Star.  Retired as the recordholder for games by a defenseman.  Stanley Cup final in 1982.

harold-snepsts-enjoys-a-laugh-with-trevo

Nominate:  Doug Lidster.  One of only two defenseman to ever be team captain of the Canucks.  His 63 points in one season still stands as a record for defensemen after 35 years.

Here he is protecting King Richard from Super Mario.

9974967.jpg

Congratulations Burrows.  I actually have him at 12th I think, and right about now is when I would be voting in Bertuzzi / Ohlund / Edler.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

You mean Greg Adams or Greg C. Adams?

It's like federal elections back in the day when you had to make sure you voted for John N. Turner and not John C. Turner of the Rhinoceros Party.

I meant Greg 'Gus' Adams of the vaunted Bure, Larionov, Adams line. He can thank Greg C. for the name 'Gus'.

• Like 1