The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Talks of Return in July

Rate this topic

43 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

... does anyone know if players are getting fully paid or not?

... I despise the thought of LE walking in for another bonus cheque this Summer. 

They decided to delay their final cheques until the middle of May until they determine whether the season will continue.

Bonuses will still be paid July 1st until they decide otherwise.

• Thanks 1

No, just throw away this season and move on.  

What a joke and this just smells of desperation.  

We'll be dragging players off their couches and declaring a Stanley Cup champion in July?  Ice will be terrible, this is just a no go for me, I don't care anymore about this season.  

Seems to me that Las Vegas has 31 empty hotels.

Could get each team and staff their own hotel and bus.

Have the staff working the hotels as live in staff for extended periods.

Screening then testing for everyone.

Could do the same in Nashville I imagine but in Vegas a lot of those Hotel's are mini cities unto themselves.

I know that crazy LV mayor would be all over it.

July and August in Vegas though ouch.

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Seems to me that Las Vegas has 31 empty hotels.

Could get each team and staff their own hotel and bus.

Have the staff working the hotels as live in staff for extended periods.

Screening then testing for everyone.

Could do the same in Nashville I imagine but in Vegas a lot of those Hotel's are mini cities unto themselves.

I know that crazy LV mayor would be all over it.

July and August in Vegas though ouch.

Would there be enough rinks for that? I doubt vegas has many suitable locations for playoff hockey

I miss hockey as much as anyone. However I'm not interested in 5 game series (if that were the case the Canucks would already have a cup.) No round robins no funny business the cup is the hardest trophy in sports to win If the Canucks were to win their first cup in some janky format it would be anticlimactic for me at least.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

We'll be dragging players off their couches and declaring a Stanley Cup champion in July?  Ice will be terrible, this is just a no go for me, I don't care anymore about this season.  

You must be fun at parties!

• Haha 4

Nice of that Oilers homer Dreger to single out EP40 in his whining about Swedish players getting in some skating time. What a puke. 

The first baby step towards getting back to playing would be players actually skating, tough to do when they’re supposed to be in quarantine until April 30th, but there have been some players skating.

Darren Dreger: They’re skating in Sweden, a good bunch of them including Elias Pettersson of the Vancouver Canucks. We should make it clear this is an NHL recommendation, it’s not a directive, it is part of the medical protocol. The local authorities, in this case in Sweden, allow for this type of activity, players are allowed to skate. I can tell you that there are some NHL players in North America who do not like the idea, given the competitive edge that you might see. What happens when these players are welcomed back to North America? No doubt about it, these players will be quarantined and there are some guys who believe that the players will also face mandatory NHL testing.

https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-new-jersey-devils-coaching-search-continues-during-pause-1.1468580

58 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Nice of that Oilers homer Dreger to single out EP40 in his whining about Swedish players getting in some skating time. What a puke. 

The first baby step towards getting back to playing would be players actually skating, tough to do when they’re supposed to be in quarantine until April 30th, but there have been some players skating.

Darren Dreger: They’re skating in Sweden, a good bunch of them including Elias Pettersson of the Vancouver Canucks. We should make it clear this is an NHL recommendation, it’s not a directive, it is part of the medical protocol. The local authorities, in this case in Sweden, allow for this type of activity, players are allowed to skate. I can tell you that there are some NHL players in North America who do not like the idea, given the competitive edge that you might see. What happens when these players are welcomed back to North America? No doubt about it, these players will be quarantined and there are some guys who believe that the players will also face mandatory NHL testing.

https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-new-jersey-devils-coaching-search-continues-during-pause-1.1468580

According to Pettersson himself he hasn’t skated. The nearest rink is 2 hours from where he lives.

Classic media trying to stir the pot.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

22 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

as much as i miss hockey, i kinda feel the same way.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, DeNiro said:

According to Pettersson himself he hasn’t skated. The nearest rink is 2 hours from where he lives.

Classic media trying to stir the pot.

but... but... TSN always treats the Canucks fairly right? :picard:  

On 4/25/2020 at 4:56 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

First. Get everyone equal to the 72 game mark.

Final standings, to see who gets in.

Shortened schedule for playoffs:

Best of 5 series.

All 15 minute periods, of 5 on 5.

Any OT 3 on 3 (eliminates long games)

Stanley Cup 7 game series.

If they did that the NHL would cement itself as a complete farce.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/25/2020 at 10:32 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

:picard:Don't watch it then, i will be gladly watching it rather than waiting half a year for hockey. Hilarious that people think a cup is void if the first series is only 5 games. :picard:

This is how all the playoffs were formatted in the early 80's.:picard: I guess we don't have to count the Oilers/Islanders cup wins because the integrity of the playoffs were compromised.:picard: The NHL had two lockouts and fans were outraged, now they are outraged that we don't lock them out.:picard: So by this high level of integrity that hockey fans have come to demand, they should never play any World Hockey Tournaments at all, after all the players just had an offseason. They couldn't possibly play a tourney or any hockey at all with just a week long training camp.:picard: The NHL said they'd give them a three week training camp when they only have a week long one in September.:picard: If they do play, do us a favour and don't watch it or if you do, don't complain. :picard::picard::picard::picard: