Miller/Petey

Bo

Sutter

Beagle

Thats some serious C depth if everyone's healthy. Minni counters with:

Staal

Erikson Ek

and..... ?

we should dominate on the dot. I see no way for Minni to dominate us physically either. Maybe Greenway but Nurse tuned him up so I'm not all that concerned. 

Greenway took down Getzlaf just before the season was halted. 

Minnesota is not a physical team and has the lowest hits per 60 of any team in the league.  Aside from Greenway they have Foligno and last season Fenton went out to get Hartman to bring some grizzle (his word).      

These were the lines they were using to finish the season - Staal missed their last 3 games but they went back to those lines at practice the morning the season got cancelled.  

Kunin can play C although he is a better winger.  Rask can also play C but his skating is too slow for a team that is already not all that fast at F.  

Greenway Staal Fiala

Parise ErikssonEk Kunin

Foligno Galchenyuk Zuccarello

Donato Koivu Hartman

Rask

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

On paper, the Canucks are the better team and should take out Minni. But thats on paper, if Dubnyk stands on his head for 3 games and Marky doesn't then its over.

Funny thing is, this might be the 1st time all year that the entire Canucks group  is healthy. We're deeper than Minni in every category so I'd much rather see this matchup than Winnipeg. 

I feel Vancouver would beat Minni in 6 games..I think Minn and Vancouvers defence is close..Forward Vancouver way stronger.

In goal Vancouver has the edge....Minni is playing  Starlock 2.67 GAA  35 games  ---- Dunbnyk 3.35  GAA -30 games

18 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I feel Vancouver would beat Minni in 6 games..I think Minn and Vancouvers defence is close..Forward Vancouver way stronger.

In goal Vancouver has the edge....Minni is playing  Starlock 2.67 GAA  35 games  ---- Dunbnyk 3.35  GAA -30 games

I agree, I think Boeser, Pete, and Virtanen pick Stalock apart.

W W L L W W - Canucks in 6

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Greenway Staal Fiala

Parise ErikssonEk Kunin

Foligno Galchenyuk Zuccarello

Donato Koivu Hartman

Rask

I like very much how we stack up on Fs.

Miller Petey Brock

Pearson Bo Toffoli

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

AG Beagle Ferland

3 hours ago, 250Integra said:

The "bye" teams will be sitting around for another 2 weeks basically. Might work out nicely for the teams that are in the "play-in" round as they would have 3-5 games of NHL action to get their legs back.

2weeks no more like 2-3 days they talking bout playing 2 games a day be a fast pace playoffs

41 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Miller/Petey

Bo

Sutter

Beagle

Thats some serious C depth if everyone's healthy. Minni counters with:

Staal

Erikson Ek

and..... ?

we should dominate on the dot. I see no way for Minni to dominate us physically either. Maybe Greenway but Nurse tuned him up so I'm not all that concerned. 

I'm not saying the Wild is the better team as far as lines and positional matchups. We do matchup better in our top six and at C.

I'm looking at it from a place of how the Wild battled through challenges/adversity like we did this season and found ways to beat good teams, especially in the 2nd half to find momentum. They're a hard working team.

From mid-January forward, they beat Dallas twice, Blue Jackets twice, the Lightning, the Oilers, shutout Vegas, and were in several close games in the 2nd half. 

With Staal-Fiala on the top line, and Erikson-Parise, plus Greenway, Kunin, Zucharello, Foligno ... these guys can get it done and be hard to play against. Their 4th line isn't that bad either. 

They do matchup well on D with Suter-Spurgeon, Brodin-Dumba especially. Plus Stalock has been good in Dubnyk's absence. 

I'm just saying they're not as weak as some may perceive, especially if we're in a 5 game series. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I like very much how we stack up on Fs.

Miller Petey Brock

Pearson Bo Toffoli

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

AG Beagle Ferland

Is Ferland cleared to play yet?

if so, man that would be great.  

I like that matchup for us. Arizona is suffocating and we seem to always play down to them. Minnesota is prob the best option.

That's also the best playoff format option I've heard yet,  I like the mini tourney for the bye teams to get their legs under them!

Let's get this going! I ain't scared of covid! Go Canucks Go

You just gotta know with the luck of our franchise we’re gonna win it if hockey comes back this year and then there will be the that * next to our name but seeing as I’m slightly older than the franchise I’ll take it, it just may be the best shot I’ll see before packing it in.

Go *Nucks!

5 hours ago, coho8888 said:

Is Ferland cleared to play yet?

if so, man that would be great.  

He might be.  But I just can't put much hope in that lasting for long, given how it's worked out the last few times he's been cleared.  Especially not when you consider how the physical intensity gets dialed-up at playoff time.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12

15 hours ago, 250Integra said:

The "bye" teams will be sitting around for another 2 weeks basically. Might work out nicely for the teams that are in the "play-in" round as they would have 3-5 games of NHL action to get their legs back.

They'll be playing against the other bye teams in the conference.    

From the article in the OP:  

The proposed format also would have the top four seeds participating in a three-game tournament during the play-in round, thereby alleviating concerns from top teams that they could be rusty and facing sharper teams coming off first-round games. It hasn't been determined if the mini-tournament among the top four conference teams will have an impact on seeding.