1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

Next up Nikita Tryamkin. 

Next years lineup on D

Edler Tryamkin

Hughes Tanev

Rathbone Myers

Benn

Year after that Woo takes Benn's spot

I forgot about Rafferty. Tanev might not even get offered a contract if Rafferty can show he can play with the big boys.

No love for the Jett? Or Juolevi?

Edited by sonoman

If rathbone has a solid rookie season this year and shows he can be an NHL Top 4 Defenseman, the Canucks could end up having 2 of their top 4 D (Rathbone and Hughes) exempt from the Expansion Draft. Opens them up the opportunity to acquire on for cheap next TDL from teams that have too many to protect and are worried about losing one for free 

teams like Nashville, Tampa, Carolina, Minnesota, etc. Are all going to have to leave a Top 4 D exposed in the Expansion Draft. Maybe Jim Benning will come in and scoop one for cheap if he’s smart

...all of this assuming Rathbone is the real deal, of course

• Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, buddyguy said:

Man I wonder if this makes OJ trade bait. Our possible d-pairings for next season:

Hughes - Tanev

Edler - Rafferty

Rathbone - Myers

Benn

Nah someone’s gotta take Edlers place in the next couple years 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 1

Hughes-Myers

Edler-Rafferty

Rathbone-Tryamkin

I think that could potentially be our D for next season. Sucks we didn't see Rafferty this season because he really is a wild card right now. Don't think Rathbone and Tryamkin will hurt you on the third pair. Worst case one is struggling and Benn comes in. Maybe you sign Stecher cheap 1 year 2 million and get rid of Benn and Rafferty is your #7 to start? 

Ideally tho...

Hughes - ___________ (Trade)

Edler-Myers

Rathbone-Rafferty/Tryamkin

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Not to mention you would be selling very low on a high profile prospect.

Only thing that makes sense is riding this out and hoping a healthy offseason is all he needs to take the next step.

He is a dark horse for sure many don’t even account for him anymore. I am loving our depth on D now let’s go. I could see Tanev signing a1-2 year deal

to stay and then tree and rafferty rathbone woo juolevi.. hughes its depth madness plus edler myers benn fantenberg stecher.. somethings gotta give

Edited by Chicken.