The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Ferland?  The guy who cant play more that 2 or 3 games without having his brain rocked?  I love Ferland,  think the NHL needs more of him.. but hes done.  He should think of his future health at this point.  Also he cannot provide this team what Jake can at this point.

Macewen,  think the kid is awesome,  but he isnt on Jake's level yet.  Hes still making his way.

Jake is young,  is physical,  and has an amazing shot,  and has proven he can contribute.  Between the 3 of those players 30/31 teams would take jake over the other 2.

Ferland has been fine tonight and by all accounts has been great all camp so I’m not sure what you’re going on about...

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

If they lose to Minny tbey have 12.5 % chance at the 1st overall pick. Lafrenier. 

That's same.percentage as coming last in the league.

Win win situation  

That’s loser talk.

We need playoff experience more than anything else except maybe a new coach.

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I feel like someone from the bottom 6 lost their chance to have a good showing. If someone skated hard and hit everything tonight, they wpuld have stood out. 

You mean something like trying? Mac and Motte (as per usual) are the only guys skating out there in the bottom six. 

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Ferland?  The guy who cant play more that 2 or 3 games without having his brain rocked?  I love Ferland,  think the NHL needs more of him.. but hes done.  He should think of his future health at this point.  Also he cannot provide this team what Jake can at this point.

Macewen,  think the kid is awesome,  but he isnt on Jake's level yet.  Hes still making his way.

Jake is young,  is physical,  and has an amazing shot,  and has proven he can contribute.  Between the 3 of those players 30/31 teams would take jake over the other 2.

and I agree with you. I love Jake; I want to see him play. Just no point in crying because he's not in the exhibition game. If he wanted to play today, he should have out worked Zack and Ferland in camp. That's why he's not in

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

If that's the case, he shouldn't be playing.

Why not. It's a mean nothing game. Absolutely he should be playing. 

Test out his groin. Push him self give his groin a good workout ...and let it recover and heal.  Then he'll be ready for when it counts.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

If we were getting badly outshot I'd be concerned, and it's hell in goal and he's not just any good goalie, Vezina nominee so it's expected to be tough to get rubber past him no matter what team you are but we'll give the wild a run for their money and pick up steam as we get rolling.. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I'll go by what Benning said in the first break.  Green really wanted to see Ferland (because he had been out for so long).  That is all.  Don't try to read too much into it.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I wish Helle would syuck for a bit and let us in this.

I honestly think he's made like 2 saves that weren't routine. He's definitely looking calm in net but we haven't really tested him.