The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Jake hitting absolutely everyone he can hard and often might help too. That would largely impact their D oftence. I'm sure dumba would just step up his game tho offensively but it may open up more holes in their coverage. 

Fify

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Fair enough. However if Elias is only playing wing for the faceoff and Bo is your forecheck A with Brock in support.. that would get er done.

yeah, I dunno ... I honestly feel like Bo WANTS to be that player more than he actually IS that player, at least at this point in time. 

I hope he gets there, because this team needs him to. 

That first game actually had some nastiness to it. Ferland's fight against Foligno to kick things off. Roussel playing his chippy game. The whole spear-gate thing. There were a lot of hits, but the Canucks need even more physicality.

Horvat needs to be a bull and drag this team into the fight. Virtanen should be a nice boost, with his speed and gritty game. Myers played pretty physical last game, I'd like to see Edler crash and bang a little more. Any chance Benn can re-join the team for Game 3? I'd also get MacEwen in there. He's big, fast and he hits. 

C'mon Travis, the future is now. Playing Eriksson and Sutter will only result in you getting fired. 

31 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

JB has done a great job putting a solid roster together 

too bad our coaching staff is too incompetent to develop systems that even remotely work 

If you can’t see that then perhaps take off your Travis Green issues rose coloured glasses 

Maybe you and others have rose coloured glasses as to what it might look like with a different coach.   This team wasn’t even supposed to make the playoffs so most “experts” feel we’ve overachieved.   Yes we all know how things went without Markstrom and BB.   Curious as to what you think about TT?  Should we keep him?   How much better do  you expect those guys/players to play? For years Tanev and Edler were big minus overworked warriors once the old crew left...now they don’t look so bad but we aren’t over the hump quite yet.   Our roster just simply doesn’t stack up (yet).  

Sure maybe the team would do a little better with a different more experienced coach.   Just curious as to how much better you believe this current lineup can do?   Win ten more games?  Well that would put them tops in our division...  

Factually the team overachieved this year according to experts views.   We are on the rise ... but we have a ways to go before we can actually contend.  

Why make it about the coach when we don’t have a lineup that can come close to most teams in the play-ins yet?   We can barely justify beating MIN.   They have a better defense and are at least on par with our forward group.   They were underachieving before their coaching change - we weren’t.    1/2 way through the season TG name was being thrown around as an Adams candidate... bet that bugged you a lot.   Yeah again maybe we’d win a few more games and its definitely possible if we lose three games then all the fire Green crowd will get their wishes.

Be careful for what you wish for us what I’m saying.   Same with those Dim Jim crowd.  If the next coach can’t win then he’s next.  This core could be completely wasted ... and really nobody predicted we’d be back at it this quickly included JB himself.    Why not just enjoy how ever many games we have left instead of taking unfair and pessimistic  views.   We are lucky to be where we are.  - just enjoy it. 

Edit:  Do you remember Keenan?  Or even Quin with a depleted lineup?  Or Rick Lee?  ... I do.   Two of those coaches won the Adams.   Ok sure you remember Torts...another Adams winner ... or how about AV?  Just glad the CDC wasn’t around while Quin was here.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 4

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That first game actually had some nastiness to it. Ferland's fight against Foligno to kick things off. Roussel playing his chippy game. The whole spear-gate thing. There were a lot of hits, but the Canucks need even more physicality.

Horvat needs to be a bull and drag this team into the fight. Virtanen should be a nice boost, with his speed and gritty game. Myers played pretty physical last game, I'd like to see Edler crash and bang a little more. Any chance Benn can re-join the team for Game 3? I'd also get MacEwen in there. He's big, fast and he hits. 

C'mon Travis, the future is now. Playing Eriksson and Sutter will only result in you getting fired. 

The spear was my favorite part of the night. Maybe the fight too lol. That's all we had though.

Benn has to undergo quarantine once he works his way back over here. Don't believe he can be in until the first round of the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

The spear was my favorite part of the night. Maybe the fight too lol. That's all we had though.

Benn has to undergo quarantine once he works his way back over here. Don't believe he can be in until the first round of the playoffs. 

He needs to have negative tests 4 days in a row after he enters the bubble before he can even practice with the team

47 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

JB has done a great job putting a solid roster together 

too bad our coaching staff is too incompetent to develop systems that even remotely work 

If you can’t see that then perhaps take off your Travis Green issues rose coloured glasses 

He had a fifth overall, a sixth overall and 6M dollar a year UFA signing all sitting in the press box last game.
Not a ringing endorsement of Benning. 

Theo isn’t only one with rose coloured glasses. 

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

He had a fifth overall, a sixth overall and 6M dollar a year UFA signing all sitting in the press box last game.
Not a ringing endorsement of Benning. 

Theo isn’t only one with rose coloured glasses. 

Hmmm he also happened to draft and sign Hughes, EP, Brock  and Gaud

our “coach” put Jake in the press box

but nice try 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Maybe you and others have rose coloured glasses as to what it might look like with a different coach.   This team wasn’t even supposed to make the playoffs so most “experts” feel we’ve overachieved.   Yes we all know how things went without Markstrom and BB.   Curious as to what you think about TT?  Should we keep him?   How much better do  you expect those guys/players to play? For years Tanev and Edler were big minus overworked warriors once the old crew left...now they don’t look so bad but we aren’t over the hump quite yet.   Our roster just simply doesn’t stack up (yet).  

Sure maybe the team would do a little better with a different more experienced coach.   Just curious as to how much better you believe this current lineup can do?   Win ten more games?  Well that would put them tops in our division...  

Factually the team overachieved this year according to experts views.   We are on the rise ... but we have a ways to go before we can actually contend.  

Why make it about the coach when we don’t have a lineup that can come close to most teams in the play-ins yet?   We can barely justify beating MIN.   They have a better defense and are at least on par with our forward group.   They were underachieving before their coaching change - we weren’t.    1/2 way through the season TG name was being thrown around as an Adams candidate... bet that bugged you a lot.   Yeah again maybe we’d win a few more games and its definitely possible if we lose three games then all the fire Green crowd will get their wishes.

Be careful for what you wish for us what I’m saying.   Same with those Dim Jim crowd.  If the next coach can’t win then he’s next.  This core could be completely wasted ... and really nobody predicted we’d be back at it this quickly included JB himself.    Why not just enjoy how ever many games we have left instead of taking unfair and pessimistic  views.   We are lucky to be where we are.  - just enjoy it. 

Edit:  Do you remember Keenan?  Or even Quin with a depleted lineup?  Or Rick Lee?  ... I do.   Two of those coaches won the Adams.   Ok sure you remember Torts...another Adams winner ... or how about AV?  Just glad the CDC wasn’t around while Quin was here.  

Torts is just fine with Columbus and racked up a lot of points and wins while with us 

I had zero issue with Torts 

Grreen has had 3 years and has yet to get us into the playoffs. If you are happy that’s sad but your choice 

Gallant as our coach or one of many other real coaches available would be a massive improvement over Green