The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

5 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

It's due to the leafs outshooting them 23-8.

Jackets are out hitting 16-12, out faceoffing 17-13. Why would it be due to shots? We were outshooting Wild on Sunday and got one PP at the very end of the game.

Edited by Slegr
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

Jackets are out hitting 16-12, out faceoffing 17-13. Why would it be due to shots? We were outshooting Wild on Sunday and got one PP at the very end of the game.

Because leafs have the puck most of the time, in jackets end. 

Listen to Sutter, he's not wrong. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So, Virtanen and Eriksson? Wonder if he has the guts to slot in Juolevi in place of Fantenberg.

Eriksson is the king of garbage goals. Most of his goals in Boston were infront of the net. I'd like to see Zack in there too with Jake. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

I'm sure this has been posted, but just in case anyone missed it or for the younger fans who don't remember the 5 game first round series of the 70's and 80's. 56 times in NHL history a team has gone down 2-0 in a 5 game series and their series record is 1-55. This is as close to a must win as you can get.

Bring on Lafreniere!! WOOT WOOT!! 

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Goal light is red

Stalock'll be blue

Canucks are gonna take

Game number two

NOW WHAT YOU SEE IS NOT A TEST

A BIP BOP BIPPIDY BEE

THE NUCKS ARE BETTER THAN ALL THE REST

WITH BROCK, QUINN AND PETEY

Best Rap/Hip Hop Songs of the 80's (1979-1984) - YouTube

BREAK IT DOWN NOW

• Thanks 1

They score one more goal than MIN tonight, and it's a best of 3. They can do this. I saw very little team work last game, a lot of nerves (Hughes, Gaudette), a captain who didn't really rally his team, and veterans who couldn't make a pass or generate any offence.  That all has to change. This is the playoffs Horvat. Show us why you were chosen captain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Nathancanuck said:

Lou and Markstrom are not anywhere close.. I never hated Lou, he had almost as many shutouts in

the Stanley Cup Final as Markstrom in his career. And there is a reason for it, he is not often enough

consistent for 60 minutes in a row and he has shown this problem all his NHL career even tough he 

slightly improved on that this season..

Lou would've shutout the Wild in Game 1

Stalock probably would've shutout the Wild in Game 1

Markstrom basically did a shutout but let in 1 goal every other goalie would have had and another

one that 90% of goalies would have had.

First one yes, Marky should have had it.

The second one? Marky saw Edler was diving to cover the bottom of the net so as a goalie, he was just trusting his defender to cover the bottom and he covered the top half. It was a tricky/lucky shot by the Wilds player, which frankly, Edler should have blocked.

Anyhow, we lost because our offence was terrible and our two biggest offensive threats (EP and Hughes) were nullified. They closed down Hughes' skating space and successfully engaged EP into meaningless physical battles.

I think EP will know to not engage in needless physical battles in game 2. Let's see what Green does to counter Wilds players forechecking Hughes. 

27 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So, Virtanen and Eriksson? Wonder if he has the guts to slot in Juolevi in place of Fantenberg.

Why would he put Juolevi in? That's a reaction to a problem that doesn't exist. Our problem wasn't in front of the net, it was our top 6 not getting quality chances. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, khay said:

First one yes, Marky should have had it.

The second one? Marky saw Edler was diving to cover the bottom of the net so as a goalie, he was just trusting his defender to cover the bottom and he covered the top half. It was a tricky/lucky shot by the Wilds player, which frankly, Edler should have blocked.

Anyhow, we lost because our offence was terrible and our two biggest offensive threats (EP and Hughes) were nullified. They closed down Hughes' skating space and successfully engaged EP into meaningless physical battles.

I think EP will know to not engage in needless physical battles in game 2. Let's see what Green does to counter Wilds players forechecking Hughes

Blindingly obvious  - pair him with Rafferty ... they can't effectively forecheck both at the same time

18 minutes ago, John McClane said:

That would be Awesome. It would be great experience and give him a kick start for next season. 

I don’t think he’s ready.   And I doubt TG does either.   We won’t see OJ until next season barring a big run and some injuries. 

33 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That is exactly what I would do.

Either Pearson/Motte and Gaud out. Fanta out.

I'd also roll Hughes at least 24 minutes tonight and I would double shift him early with the top 2 lines. I'd roll the top 2 lines out hard early.  Obviously not that easy have to react to the other team and faceoff locations.

8 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Why would he put Juolevi in? That's a reaction to a problem that doesn't exist. Our problem wasn't in front of the net, it was our top 6 not getting quality chances. 

Don’t worry he’s not going to see any time at all unless our L side thins out a lot..  

• Cheers 1

I know people were suggesting line up changes earlier in the thread. I'd keep the changes pretty simple:

9-40-6

70-53-73

26-88-18

64-83/20-21

Notes:

Petey and Brock were our 2 best forwards reunite the Lotto line, they killed it before Brock got hurt.

Pearson and Toffy play well together - reunite the 70s bros from LA

All Ferland did was a staged fight and spear a guy on the bench - he didn't show he needed to stay in the line up.  Free JV18 and hopefully jump start AG88

You don't need both Beags & Sutsy in the same line up- I'd probably drop Sutsy.  He's not perfect but Loui is better defensively than Sutter & he can take his spot on the PK.

• Upvote 1