The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, drummerboy said:

I’m well on record for being hard on Bo this year.  
IMO, he wanted that C really bad, and didn’t do the greatest job with it.  
He needs to be a constant spark for his team, and he wasn’t really all over it this year.   
Now is his time to show he deserved that promotion.    
He is the leader, and I’m expecting him to produce.    I want to see some big hits, some scoring chances, and some real F’n fire coming from out capitan tonight.   
It’s the biggest game of his career, and a lot is on his shoulders. 
I want to see a captain performance.  

GO BO GO

GO CANUCKS GO

Love Bo, always did. I do think his play has somewhat disappeared since handed the captaincy. Hes never terrible, but he has a lot less electrifying games like he used to

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

I’m well on record for being hard on Bo this year.  
IMO, he wanted that C really bad, and didn’t do the greatest job with it.  
He needs to be a constant spark for his team, and he wasn’t really all over it this year.   
Now is his time to show he deserved that promotion.    
He is the leader, and I’m expecting him to produce.    I want to see some big hits, some scoring chances, and some real F’n fire coming from our capitan tonight.   
It’s the biggest game of his career, and a lot is on his shoulders. 
I want to see a captain performance.  

GO BO GO

GO CANUCKS GO

I have been very critical of Bo as some of you know. I even misread the situation and made a big deal about it before he was named the next Captain. I however do think he wasn't a terrible choice but you are right he needs to be an emotional leader. He himself was completely shut out of the last game. I blame that largely on Pearson and his inability to create anything in the o zone. That whole line was disjointed so I will give Bo a pass on game 1 but like you said he needs to be our leader. Petey showed leadership and fight. We need our captain to do the same.

I think he has it and jake will hopefully be a healthy injection of speed and skill into the lineup!

Go Canucks Go!

ice hockey fin GIF by NHL

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 2

Wait... game three is on at 11am on Thursday?  FFS I am going to miss that.  This means they have to kick the Wilds ass so fiercely tonight that the next game won't even be in question.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Agreed.

What I noticed this year was he never pulled the old Ox routine, throw the team on his back and show them how to get it done.

He is capable of a higher level of urgency and desire to win than he showed this year.

I'm looking for the Ox tonight, not Bo trying to be all calm and turn the cheek/doing his best Henrik impression. 

Harness your inner Linden, Bo!

Someone posted on here the idea of putting Bo between Petey and Boeser. I think its worth a go. They tried it once vs colorado and it was dominant. 

Just now, Rush17 said:

Someone posted on here the idea of putting Bo between Petey and Boeser. I think its worth a go. They tried it once vs colorado and it was dominant. 

That's why Green wont do it. Green apparently likes to challenge himself and icing lines that havnt done so well. Green is not the right coach for this team. This team if coached right should easily beat this Wild squad imo

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, theo5789 said:

So in other words, it's the typical every loss is blamed on Green/Brown/Benning/Sutter/LE, while every win is credited to everyone else but this group.

JB has done a great job putting a solid roster together 

too bad our coaching staff is too incompetent to develop systems that even remotely work 

If you can’t see that then perhaps take off your Travis Green issues rose coloured glasses 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

It’s 3:45 am start for me over here!

the morning game on Thursday for you guys is a 7:30pm start for me 

I stayed up until 2:00am last game and found that rough.   Five hours later was up and at it ... then slept 10 hours last night just so I hopefully don’t have a nap and don’t wake up before the first period ...where the heck are you anyways I’m just stuck near OTT.?!

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

I stayed up until 2:00am last game and found that rough.   Five hours later was up and at it ... then slept 10 hours last night just so I hopefully don’t have a nap and don’t wake up before the first period ...where the heck are you anyways I’m just stuck near OTT.?!

I’m in the UK. Also have a young child in the house so as the game ends he probably will be getting up - I’m grabbing a few hours now and then surviving tomorrow on coffee

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

too bad our coaching staff is too incompetent to develop systems that even remotely work 

If you can’t see that then perhaps take off your Travis Green issues rose coloured glasses 

here we go again!!!

14 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Wait... game three is on at 11am on Thursday?  FFS I am going to miss that.  This means they have to kick the Wilds ass so fiercely tonight that the next game won't even be in question.

WHAT?!?!?!, Ffs. So you're telling me that when the game starts I'm going to be at the dentist getting a f****ing crown?! Nice

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

MIN does have a very good D, but the Canucks should be able to generate some goals.  

They looked out of sync in Game 1, passes were off, a lot of giveaways. MIN put on the pressure, every time a Canuck had the puck they were swarmed, which created more bad passes and giveaways. Love Quinn Hughes, but he needs to play better D as well. The Canucks need to wear down the Wild, hit everything that moves. Parise is injury prone. Just sayin...  

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I'm not totally opposed to that... I guess.

I kinda want Petey to be his own animal though. But just for fun

Petey - Bo - Brock 

Pearson - Miller - Toff

Ferks - Sutty - Virt

Motter - Beags - Loui

Maybe something like that

it's a neat idea but I worry about puck retrieval on that first line. 

a lot of one and done zone entries.

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

MIN does have a very good D, but the Canucks should be able to generate some goals.  

They looked out of sync in Game 1, passes were off, a lot of giveaways. MIN put on the pressure, every time a Canuck had the puck they were swarmed, which created more bad passes and giveaways. Love Quinn Hughes, but he needs to play better D as well. The Canucks need to wear down the Wild, hit everything that moves. Parise is injury prone. Just sayin...  

So you're suggesting Virt on Parise all night eh..

I like it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

That's why Green wont do it. Green apparently likes to challenge himself and icing lines that havnt done so well. Green is not the right coach for this team. This team if coached right should easily beat this Wild squad imo

If we come out and repeat the same mistakes I might start agreeing to that thinking . But we will have to see. 

Jim definitely has a longer leash for me then Travis if this goes south. We could just be over reacting like we typically do as fans. Perhaps we should let the players play then decide our best move forward. 

16 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

This is getting really repetitive.  Can you please just give it a rest?  It's your opinion, but it doesn't have to be repeated day/night/in/out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

it's a neat idea but I worry about puck retrieval on that first line. 

a lot of one and done zone entries.

Fair enough. However if Elias is only playing wing for the faceoff and Bo is your forecheck A with Brock in support.. that would get er done.