The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

28 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Eriksson is the king of garbage goals. Most of his goals in Boston were infront of the net. I'd like to see Zack in there too with Jake. 

Playoff games, and series, are often won on garbage goals.

If he gets garbage goals I'd be happy.

Just now, Chris12345 said:

That is exactly what I would do.

Either Pearson/Motte and Gaud out. Fanta out.

I'd also roll Hughes at least 24 minutes tonight and I would double shift him early with the top 2 lines. I'd roll the top 2 lines out hard early.  Obviously not that easy have to react to the other team and faceoff locations.

Why?  He’s not ready.   Fanta was fine and we still have Benn.   He’s not going to get any games unless guys go down. And he’s not the better option until he’s proven himself which 6.5 minutes isn’t going to do.    If your really interested in what sort of player OJ is scout some of his Utica games. 

24 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Blindingly obvious  - pair him with Rafferty ... they can't effectively forecheck both at the same time

Ha ha .  Rafferty is possibly a downgrade on Stetcher...we won’t know about that until next year so don’t overthink it.   Personally I think he’s a mild upgrade but not right away.   It’s only one game why don’t we wait until tonight is over before we freak completely out.   Maybe we should also change TT with Lind because he was almost invisible while we are at it. 

30 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Why would he put Juolevi in? That's a reaction to a problem that doesn't exist. Our problem wasn't in front of the net, it was our top 6 not getting quality chances. 

our defense was not that good , Fantenberg and Stecher  awful, why not give Juolevi a chance he played ok against the Jets

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, GritGrinder said:

I'm sure this has been posted, but just in case anyone missed it or for the younger fans who don't remember the 5 game first round series of the 70's and 80's. 56 times in NHL history a team has gone down 2-0 in a 5 game series and their series record is 1-55. This is as close to a must win as you can get.

I think this statistics is not really applicable in today's NHL. In today's NHL teams are much more even thanks to the spending restrictions.

But, having said that, going 0-2 would create a huge problem for Canucks given then way Wild is playing. Today is a must win game for sure.

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Fans that criticize refs.... are only failing to critique their own team / players.

The solution for our club is to play better.. whining about the refs is a waste of time.

Suck it up... and play harder.     If our clubs plays well, the refs can impact the game enough to steal a victory from us. 

That’s exactly what are problem with the refs is. They can impact the game enough to steal a victory (and a series) from us. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, GritGrinder said:

I'm sure this has been posted, but just in case anyone missed it or for the younger fans who don't remember the 5 game first round series of the 70's and 80's. 56 times in NHL history a team has gone down 2-0 in a 5 game series and their series record is 1-55. This is as close to a must win as you can get.

No one has ever won game 1 of an elimination series in August and closed out a series!

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

42 minutes ago, Green Building said:

In the playoffs there is no such thing

Ah I guess you are right but I think there is a fine line. Petey needs to score for us to win so, he's gotta just fight through those and find a way to focus on scoring.

• Vintage 1