The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 04, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I think LE and the Canucks agree to the fact that his contributions are capped from his previous offensive forward times with previous teams to just being a good defensive forward. Aside from his way overpaid contract, he still serves a purpose. 

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I feel Greener likes Eriksson because he makes simple smart plays with the puck and is in good position defensively. He won't take many chances or produce a lot of offense but you will also not see many mistakes on his end.

Played the most 5 on 5 of anyone tonight (not just FWDs). Played more than Elias Pettersson.

And we won, so can't hate. Loui played well tonight, props too him for adjusting his game to be useful in other way.

(Also his stick breaking was one of my fav things this year)

14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I like the lotto line too and would put Tofu with Bo. I like our chances to make the playoffs more so with Tofu than without him. Hell Toffoli was a big reason why we've made it since he helped us win after Boeser got hurt.

I would like all 3 of them if possible. I understand that would be hard to do.

The chemistry between Boeser and EP was very much evident in this game. I think EP is far more dangerous when he is on the ice with Boeser than anyone else, including Miller.

Assuming only one of Roussel/Ferland is fit to play the next game:

Miller-EP-Boeser

Pearson-Bo-Toffoli

Ferland/Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-Eriksson

Gaudette

Seeing the replay on the Petey-Hartman incident, good on Petey for defending himself, but that wasn't much of a punch or push. Hartman, if he is really hurt, knocked himself out taking the dive. Looks more like he was just trying to sell it to try and get Petey suspended or at least be watched more intently. I'd be surprised if he's not back by the next game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Played the most 5 on 5 of anyone tonight (not just FWDs). Played more than Elias Pettersson.

And we won, so can't hate. Loui played well tonight, props too him for adjusting his game to be useful in other way.

(Also his stick breaking was one of my fav things this year)

That moment was the eptiome of Eriksson's offensive game since he arrived.

His defensive game was solid. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I like this guy

The Hockey Guy has been giving solid hockey coverage for a while now. Great place to get all my nhl news without any of the sensationalism.

Doesn't hurt he is a Canucks fan.

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, theo5789 said:

Seeing the replay on the Petey-Hartman incident, good on Petey for defending himself, but that wasn't much of a punch or push. Hartman, if he is really hurt, knocked himself out taking the dive. Looks more like he was just trying to sell it to try and get Petey suspended or at least be watched more intently. I'd be surprised if he's not back by the next game.

He was on his way down after trying to cheap shot Petey. Hartman had already lost his balance but Petey's punch (agree that it was more like a push) may have propelled him forward a bit though.

14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I like the lotto line too and would put Tofu with Bo. I like our chances to make the playoffs more so with Tofu than without him. Hell Toffoli was a big reason why we've made it since he helped us win after Boeser got hurt.

I would like all 3 of them if possible. I understand that would be hard to do.

Do you like our playoff chances with Toffoli more than with Tanev? That's essentially the decision that you'd have to make. I think Tanev is the easy pick there. 

The Canucks went 4-5-1 in the 10 games after after acquiring Toffoli. We didn't go on some heater to sneak in, we got in because of the work we did in the other 85% of the season without Toffoli. 

Toffoli played 10 games for us. Tanev played 69 for us. I'd say Tanev was almost 7x more important in us making the Playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Real talk thank you! I thought all 3 goals were savable. No traffic clear line of sight, were any even deflections?

Its Demko time. We think its OK to drop guys like Guadette and Virtanen to keep the team competitive why not

the goalie position as well? 

Strap the pads on stud, I think it may be your chance!

1 hour ago, Shirotashi said:

Real talk thank you! I thought all 3 goals were savable. No traffic clear line of sight, were any even deflections?

Its Demko time. We think its OK to drop guys like Guadette and Virtanen to keep the team competitive why not

the goalie position as well? 

The first one could have done better, the second was unstoppable,

third one could have been better positioned (To give himself a chance)but was still a good shot 

now is not the time to drop him, even if he’s not been lights out

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, guntrix said:

Good game from Jake and a good bounce back game from the Top 6. 

Stetcher and Meyers need to be better. 

Markstrom was decent but he's still a step or two away from the guy we saw in the regular season. 

We better not trade any of these young guys just to sign Toffoli. If push comes to shove, JB should let him walk and take the L. 

What was wrong with Stechers game tonight?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Brovat said:

Jake is so out of shape all the time yet one of the fastest guys on the ice. 

I would of run the lines that got me to the play ins with Ferland in instead of Rooster or Sutter. I’m sorry but not playing the lotto line together just smells of trying to be “tricky” or some other nonsense to me. Not to mention Toff, Bo, Pearson all play the same type of game that would compliment each other. Let’s forget all that and throw everyone in the blender like they’re down by a goal and haven’t been able to get anything going for a whole game. It’s like it works in reverse with Greener. Always fixing things that aren’t broken. Just saying. 

Jake beat a wild defenseman to an icing. Had the nice back check. Had the good chance with a half slapper. Had a nice shot that Rooster blocked with his head. 

Also on a shift with Pearson and Bo (after a pk) the line got hemmed in their own zone for a bit of time. As soon as Jakes check got the puck he made a simple move your feet play to force a crappy pass and ultimately they got the puck back. 

I don’t have a photographic memory but I can remember all of that pretty easily. Mainly because I was watching his play tonight as I thought the decision to bench him was a poor one. 

He did well tonight just didn’t get much ice time (or felt like he didn’t)

Just now, UKNuck96 said:

The first one could have done better, the second was unstoppable,

third one could have been better positioned (To give himself a chance)but was still a good shot 

now is not the time to drop him, even if he’s not been lights out

I disagree and wont hate it if im wrong. If im wrong then we have an awesome goalie that just

so happens to let in soft goals, all the time.

• Wat 1

Just now, Shirotashi said:

I disagree and wont hate it if im wrong. If im wrong then we have an awesome goalie that just

so happens to let in soft goals, all the time.

I think we have come to rely on him to much (Because our defensive system) so when he performs just okay It looks bad.

I don’t think his play has been stellar but tonight’s performance was just that - okay, not drop worthy

5 minutes ago, khay said:

The chemistry between Boeser and EP was very much evident in this game. I think EP is far more dangerous when he is on the ice with Boeser than anyone else, including Miller.

Miller-EP-Boeser

Pearson-Bo-Toffoli

Motte-Beagle-Eriksson

Gaudette

Ferland is  probably out he is too unreliable and can't be counted on. Toffoli was seen today in a walking  boot as per a source in the Athletic so doubt he is back unless they got bad info.

Gaudette and/or MACEwan should draw in.

5 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Do you like our playoff chances with Toffoli more than with Tanev? That's essentially the decision that you'd have to make. I think Tanev is the easy pick there. 

The Canucks went 4-5-1 in the 10 games after after acquiring Toffoli. We didn't go on some heater to sneak in, we got in because of the work we did in the other 85% of the season without Toffoli. 

Toffoli played 10 games for us. Tanev played 69 for us. I'd say Tanev was almost 7x more important in us making the Playoffs. 

I like our chances with both. I implied that I like our chances next year with him than without him. It's not Tofu vs Tanev for me.

As I have stated I want to keep both and Marky. I also stated it that I understand that would be difficult but it is possible.

15 minutes ago, khay said:

Miller-EP-Boeser

Pearson-Bo-Toffoli

Motte-Beagle-Eriksson

Gaudette

That could be because he is not the only one they have to worry about when they play together,  so the double coverage is actually an advantage. 

• Upvote 1