The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 04, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

A lot of what I wanted in game 1 we got in game 2. Maybe I knew something Greener didn't know for game 1. :ph34r: All jokes aside, really happy with the results here. Jake had a great game, Petey battled hard. Love that he isn't getting pushed around and just taking it. Got that bite to his game. This is why he was so good in the SHL playoffs.

The biggest thing this team is missing, is that Hamhuis/Bieksa D combo. This team terrifies me in the final moments of a game. We don't have a shutdown pair that'll help close out a game for you. People remember Edler/Ehrhoff from that 2011 team, but boy was Hamhuis and Bieksa just brutal for opposing teams to play against. Tanev is good defensively but he's no Hamhuis or Bieksa. That's on top of the fact he's the only truly great defensive D-man we have.

Long story short, good game. Not so good finish. Lets hope Minnie doesn't carry over the momentum going into next game.

• Upvote 1

One more thing I noticed this game (and throughout the whole season), why doesn't Green play Virtanen during 4 on 4 situations or even 3 on 3 (OT). I know people say he is a defensive liability. Although you can say he is not the best in the defensive side, with that much space, he can use his space to make it up (i.e. today on that Minny SH chance). I do like BB6 but he isn't the fastest and he is not any better than Virtanen on the defensive side so why doesn't Green play Bo with Jake or something like that. I still remember the only few times he got OT time, he didn't score but it was because of him, some defensive plays were made because of his speed.

7 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

Best part of the game, Hartman diving so hard he KO's himself. Not sure I've ever laughed harder during a hockey game. Haven't seen a team dive so much since the Sharks were doing their synchronized diving act.

I know. I couldn’t believe my eyes. He tried to sell that one. When he didn’t get the call he just had to keep playing hurt. The refs and the supervisor will see that and issue a warning to them for doing that diving $&!#. 

petey is a boss. I love the fire in him he just wills through the crap he faces and doesn’t turn the nose to the abuse he gets. He stands up for himself and he’s always battling in the tough  areas of the ice. 

Edited by Setyoureyesontheprize
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

We win a playoff game, Green made lineup adjustments that worked, and people are still complaining about him?  What more do these people want?

They want him Gone... they will always find something to bitch about. 

• Upvote 3

I thought today was a dominant performance by the Canucks. Honestly, the late 2 goals by Fiala made it look much closer than it was. It wasn't close for 57 minutes and 45 seconds. We dictated the play from the start. Great games by our entire forward group. 

However, Myers was terrible. 3 penalties in a row, on purely boneheaded plays. It was cringy. Worst part was that he took a penalty as soon as Boeser was getting sprung for an odd-man rush. That must have been super frustrating for him and the forward group. Myers is a battler for sure, but he definitely lacks hockey IQ. He might actually be the lowest IQ dman I think I've ever seen don a Canucks jersey. His reach saves him from the constant pressure he puts on himself and his defense partner. If he can clean it up, I won't be worried long.

The battle in everybody was noticeable. I do want to single out 5 players specifically; Motte, EP, Bo, Stecher and Edler. Wow.

Virtanen was a factor. Unleash him next game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I feel like that bratty little kid who picks fights and then lets his big brother finish them. :lol:

Actually, I’m quite happy to provide targets. I can set them up and you can knock them down. ;) 

DE7BC0A2-4DBE-493E-A38C-442DC0BA0BEB.gif.d6c5c2066bde77178050ed2893fb8543.gif

Lol. Bring em on. Sounds good to me .

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Lol. Bring em on. Sounds good to me .

Well, it’s past 4am, I should be sleeping, and have to get up in less than three hours, but ok. :lol:

This Minny media guy seems deserving of some attention:

Also, from the angle shown in the vid from the tweet below, I think Hartman’s biggest issue was him trying to finish his dive with a transition into a headstand that would allow him to admire his own skate kick to Petey’s royal jewels. 

I mean, if these Minny fans really want to talk about dirty...

And too ambitious of Hartman to try to combine a swan dive with an inverted view of himself delivering a nut buster. 

Very high degree of difficulty. 

But seriously, I gotta go sleep. :bored:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

What no FIRE GREEN!!!

You actually are happy with the lack of d zone coverage?

seriously? We can within seconds of another implosion 

Loui was not a factor in line 1 and Jake was stuck on the 4th line 

we got power plays finally but once again did not convert and we got bounces

I get that is all part of a game but fundamentally we have a massive lack of structure that will cost us going forward 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1