The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECQF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (7) Columbus Blue Jackets | Lightning win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Blue Jackets in 4
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/13/2020 at 07:00 PM

Games like these are what make hockey the greatest sport on the planet.

To the people who think we should do something to make games shorter, this happens once every 10 years, you can have your normal games 99.99% of the time.  Games like these are what I live and breathe hockey for.  The unusual, the crazy, the OMG that just happened!

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The important question is when did they stop serving beer? 

I had a buddy of mine at a baseball game that lasted forever and he said after the 7th inning the concession closes and does not open back up regardless how long the game lasts.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to ECQF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (7) Columbus Blue Jackets | Lightning lead series 1-0
1 hour ago, mll said:

Where’s the infraction? It’s not a penalty to lean on a guy with the puck. Was a fantastic play by Hedman.

I read some of the replies, seems like a lot of people just don’t know the rules. A Leaf fan even tried to claim it was interference - seriously? He had the puck! (But if he really knew hockey he wouldn’t be a Leafs fan, so there’s that.)

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Columbus post-game talking about a non-call? Anyone got a clip of it?

It was one of those plays that gets called in the first period, but not late in a tie game, or in OT. I thought the zebras might throw the Jackets a bone, since the Bolts were already on the PP, but it wasn't an obvious takedown by Hedman, so no call.

You have to feel for Columbus on Point's winner. They make a block on a dangerous shot and the puck bounces right over to where Point is camped out, all by himself. He throws it at the net and it turns out to be a seeing eye shot, just under the bar....

Sometimes the hockey Gods are cruel.

Still, Torts got his guys ready to play after a soul crushing defeat against the Leafs. I think the Jackets can rebound and I expect this series to go the distance.

• Cheers 1