The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 14, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What’s with theses gutless players thinking it’s okay to put their fingers in Canucks mouths? That fool Bergeron started a weird trend. 

You know what comes next?

Big ol' face licks.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Benn is going to have to step in a play really well cause losing Myers is going to be pretty huge. He eats up a lot of minutes if he can stay out of the box. Edler will struggle with the extra mins at his age and things will be really tough here on out.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

So what then are his rights worth? 

Less than a num 5 overall pick lol.  But here's the thing.  The team is evolving and Virtanen is not.  At some point you have to say that for the good of the team you're letting go of guys who aren't willing to pay the price when so many others obviously are. Let me say that again.  Jake is not putting in the effort that his teammates are.

What JB can get for him is anyone's guess. But in the cap crunch era you can't have a guy making say 2.5m jus cuz you hope he will turn into a good player when the whole team is laying out and he is not.  That 's when you gotta move on.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

We are up 2-0 on the defending Champs and we talkin bout Jake Virtanen? 

Exactly. Jake is a depth player and we need all hands on deck taking on different roles that is how championships are won. We are leading 2-0 in the series folks back off the Jake/Myers bad calls/blah blah negative banter.... positive energy for this young hungry team will go a long way. Lets Gooooooo!!! :towel:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

20 minutes ago, Dano.Canuck said:

I prefer chemistry. Not saying one is better but hard to tamper with a wining combination, no? 

I'm big on chemistry for sure that's why I prolly keep LE with Bo. That being said I take TT all day over make and Zack, they have done zilch and aren't part of the reason we're winning. TT is the perfect guy for the playoffs and I just haven't noticed Jake and Zack except for a lazy retaliation call tho weak, you don't retaliate, everyone knows refs will call that everyrime. Zack with a pointless fight that just like the Foligno fight gave the other team a spark.

Staged fights gotta be the stupidest thing in hockey.

Ya fight for a reason not for the hell of it.

• Cheers 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Less than a num 5 overall pick lol.  But here's the thing.  The team is evolving and Virtanen is not.  At some point you have to say that for the good of the team you're letting go of guys who aren't willing to pay the price when so many others obviously are. Let me say that again.  Jake is not putting in the effort that his teammates are.

What JB can get for him is anyone's guess. But in the cap crunch era you can't have a guy making say 2.5m jus cuz you hope he will turn into a good player when the whole team is laying out and he is not.  That 's when you gotta move on.

Well I doubt he gets that kinda raise and even an under performance from Jake gets us 40 points plus, so I have to disagree and think him walking isn’t in JB short term plan. 1. Whatever million is decent money for a mostly third or forth line RW. And trading him out of spite of his draft position is not only foolish but short minded to say the least. To have a 20 goal scorer in your bottom six is what gets teams to the top for years to come. 

• Upvote 3