The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 14, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Not going to go after the officiating because over time it seems to even out. Just want to say as much as the team and all our fans are celebrating tonight, Game 3 will be even tougher, the boys really need to focus on winning every battle and reduce the penalties. We can win this with more commitment than the other guys.

• Cheers 2

Bit of a nitpick, but MacEwen prolly shouldn't have fought when he did. When we're up like that I wouldn't want to give the defending cup champs any extra energy. Would rather see MacEwen get in on the forecheck, finishing hits, and playing hard along the boards. Didn't impact the end result as we still won, but still.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 5
  • Upvote 1

Just now, VforVirtanen said:

Seems to me there were a number of concerns expressed on these very forums as to the appropriateness or our team’s choice of Captain Bowie Freaking Horvat!!!! 

Crow shall be eaten. True leadership when it matters most. 

Horvat speaks with his play, truth. But I think a lot of guys on this edition of the Canucks have been speaking loud with their play. Heck, I even have to acknowledge Fantenberg tonite - great heavy physical game - especially in the absence of Myers.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

Gotta credit the coach with doing an amazing job of teaching this team resiliency, am I right?

I will give him credit for keeping them focussed but I did not like how we attempted to try to shut down the game. That plan backfired and sitting down Hughes to try to play bigger D was dumb 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

When’s the last time our best player was a defencemen?

Our shi**y team that had Jovocop on it?  I'm trying to remember but maybe there was a year where we didn't have Bure and Mogilny and before Naslund had arrived yet as a star?  

Yeah, it's been decades lol