The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 16, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Now we see what Green is really worth. The Blues matched us, they were rubbish in Game 1, better in Game 2 and by far the better team tonight with a couple of little tweaks. I think we need to do the same now, Green's got to try something new. We're getting slaughtered 5-on-5 and now there's less PPs, we're getting exposed.

Top-6 have been decent, Loui was pretty average tonight and I really think Motte with Horvat would work (but will never happen), and Virtanen is never getting a top-6 look now. I think Gaudette would really bring some energy into this team at the expense of say Virtanen or Roussel who's been terrible quite frankly. Defence was surprisingly solid, Stecher just played far too much. I'd play Fantenberg in our top-4 because he's been brilliant defensively, so get the minutes around:

Edler, Tanev and Hughes all around 22-23

Fantenberg - 18

Benn - 17

Stecher - 16

I agree.   In a nutshell, Sketcher, Lazy Jake & Rousel had poor performances tonight.  I would suggest sitting Jake and Rousel out next game and give others a chance. Absolutely nothing to lose as between those three - they allowed St Louis to take control tonight - Especially Lazy Jake - who had another brain fart of a game.

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I thought one team fought hard and the other team didn't work hard enough and relied on elite goaltending to bail them out. There was about 10 minutes of the team playing the right way. Not good enough. 

There's games where teams have no business being in a game and this is one of those games. Fortunately Markstrom made his job look easy tonight. 

Actually that's not fair, I thought the defense worked hard. I thought our forwards took the night off. Bo, Eriksson, Roussel, Boeser, Miller, Virtanen and Beagle all took the night off in my opinion. Bo put in the work in OT and the first half of the first but that's not enough. The boys were tired and didn't dig deep. 

I don't mind poor execution, I mind poor efforts. 

I thought Roussel did his usual thing. He only played like 7 mins.

Eriksson takes every night off so don't even mention it lol

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I agree.   In a nutshell, Sketcher, Lazy Jake & Rousel had poor performances tonight.  I would suggest sitting Jake and Rousel out next game and give others a chance. Absolutely nothing to lose as between those three - they allowed St Louis to take control tonight - Especially Lazy Jake - who had another brain fart of a game.

Jake just can't seem to get a break. Tonight seems and sounds like his worst game of the series yet, and that's something cause he hasn't been noticeable in a good way at all

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

that's basically changing everything from tonight's game. LOL. 

Dunno.

Again. I feel the game was very even. With Myers the Canucks have the edge.

Without Myers they’re even.

With Toffoli they win the Cup.

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 1

Well, the Blues were desperate and they showed it with their effort tonight. Let's see what happens tomorrow and then i will freak out like the rest of you.

Btw, I would really like them to not put Edler and Stetcher over 20 minutes cause they really can't handle over 20 minutes of play. Also, Virtanen didn't have a bad game or a good game. He was just there. Virtanen could literally be anyone during the time he spent on the ice because he was not noticeable at all. I seriously did not know he was playing until he took that penalty (which i thought was BS given how the refs passed on every other call against us). 

The point is if Virtanen doesn't want to put his heart into the game then he can sit. I rather see Gaudette in because he has heart, grit and an eagerness to win for the team and I can't see it for Virtanen

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

it is 1140

it is 28 in my house

and I am eating cheesies

life is good!

this series is a learning experience

jb, tg, and huggie all learned something tonight

I am good with that

Right on.

Love it.

Watch what Hughes does tomorrow. Someone’s thinking hard tonight.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Silky mitts said:

Motte was outshot 40-7 when he was on the ice. 

They broke up Motte Beagle MacEwen. They are far more effective together. After mac cost us the tying goal his ice time dipped. Definitely need them together 

17 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Sit Virtanen and MacEwen Bring in Gaudette and Lind. Best time to change it up. get some fresh legs and offence.  

Lind's bubble burst 3 weeks ago. He is ineligible and playing golf somewhere in Ontario

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Dunno.

Again. I feel the game was very even. With Myers the Canucks have the edge.

Without Myers they’re even.

With Toffoli they win the Cup.

Any information on Myers? Is he eligible to play tomorrow night?