The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 17th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G4

Rate this topic

Roberts

Just now, ruilin96 said:

Being a head coach at a Canadian hockey city will do that to you. As much as I love the Canucks, I don't envy the coaching or any front office position in Vancouver. Same with any other major Canadian cities, too much attention paid to every single move.

Yeah compare Jim to prior joining van to where he is at before his dye job this bubble lol.

love the dye jim! Keep it up. love your work buddy!

• Cheers 1

Just now, Virtanen#18 said:

Toffoli in, Virtanen/Eriksson out.... plsssssssssssssss....

and Benn was very consistent last night!! I swear Myers coughed up the puck more frequently than he did...

Eriksson is serviceable defensively. but his offence and impact on that horvat line has completely dried up. If Jake is in I hope he gets some o zone shifts with Bo and Pearson. Get him comfortable with the puck and watch him bury a few.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

and Benn was very consistent last night!! I swear Myers coughed up the puck more frequently than he did...

Toffoli is done for the series . People need to realize that already.

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Rush17 said:

Eriksson is serviceable defensively. but his offence and impact on that horvat line has completely dried up. If Jake is in I hope he gets some o zone shifts with Bo and Pearson. Get him comfortable with the puck and watch him bury a few.

Agreed!! I don't think Eriksson is that indispensable for our playoff run... he offers close to nothing in the offensive zone...  I don't mind seeing Jake with his speed and toughness but he gotta smarten up! 

Just now, Silky mitts said:

Toffoli is done for the series . People need to realize that already.

Didn't sound like it from the media intel. Sounded like he was making progress and could be a consideration maybe in game 5.

• Like 1

Just now, Virtanen#18 said:

Agreed!! I don't think Eriksson is that indispensable for our playoff run... he offers close to nothing in the offensive zone...  I don't mind seeing Jake with his speed and toughness but he gotta smarten up! 

he needs to play. he is overthinking every decision. the fact he stood in our own zone well hemmed in at the top of the zone and didn't have his stick out. oh man i wanted to slap him lol. *UY*#U#$#$()#I play jake! HIT, RUSH, SCORE! GOGOGOGOGOGO 

unleash the beast. become the nightmare to play against we all know you can become.

Keys to the game :

1.) Boys need to come out flying and capture momentum early

2.) I would get tanev and hughes out against the ROR line which has been destroying us 5 on 5 . 
3.) spread the d mins some more fanta and benn were great 

4.) need contributions from the bottom six .

This is a must win imo or I will start to feel really uneasy .

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Rush17 said:

he needs to play. he is overthinking every decision. the fact he stood in our own zone well hemmed in at the top of the zone and didn't have his stick out. oh man i wanted to slap him lol. *UY*#U#$#$()#I play jake! HIT, RUSH, SCORE! GOGOGOGOGOGO 

unleash the beast. become the nightmare to play against we all know you can become.

If he draws in tonight and doesn't dominate some facet of the game. I will be done with Jake Virtanen. :lol:

I'd rather see him try and be a negative impact then do absolutely nothing and provide zero potential value.

Edited by Rush17

18 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

You heard it here first. Eriksson with the GWG.

Edited by FaninMex
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

At times you need players that can stop the puck from ending up in your own net. You are probably still trying to catch up with the Toronto and Edmonton series though so I will try not to spoil too much for you

Edited by FaninMex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Hate to say it, but this game is a mental do-or-die for the young Canucks core.  Should the Blues win this and tie up the series, it'll surely shake the nerves of our young team and the Blues will probably prey on that and take the series in 6 or 7.  However, win tonight, and I think it'll be lights out for the Blues in 6.

Either way, this series was probably perfect for building experience in this young Canucks team. 

Go Canucks Go !!

That's old core.

I get a different sense from the current core; they know no fear. Should the Blues win, the young core will shake off any nervousness and take the series in 6 or 7.

The only wildcard is Jake Allen. If he plays like he did in game 3, we could be in for some trouble. I'm hoping we blow Allen out of the net in game 4 and we clinch the series by putting 5 past Binnington in game 5.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, khay said:

That's old core.

I get a different sense from the current core; they know no fear. Should the Blues win, the young core will shake off any nervousness and take the series in 6 or 7.

The only wildcard is Jake Allen. If he plays like he did in game 3, we could be in for some trouble. I'm hoping we blow Allen out of the net in game 4 and we clinch the series by putting 5 past Binnington in game 5.

yeah if JT scores that wrister from in close it's a different game. Allen played well.  We had our chances though, just couldn't bury em'

• Cheers 1

Also thought MacEwen had a great game - one miscue aside (on the Faulk goal) where he transitioned before Stecher could make a first pass - but there were times he looked like a bigger, faster, heavier puckhounding Burrows - particularly one dzone possession for StL where he plain outpivoted and overpowered ROR - tracked him down, worked him over on the boards and came away with the clean puck win - awesome to watch - following in the footsteps of the veteran shutdown guys, except with the physical tools to be more dominant.

• Cheers 1