The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 17th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G4

Rate this topic

Roberts

• Roberts changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 17th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G4

Hate to say it, but this game is a mental do-or-die for the young Canucks core.  Should the Blues win this and tie up the series, it'll surely shake the nerves of our young team and the Blues will probably prey on that and take the series in 6 or 7.  However, win tonight, and I think it'll be lights out for the Blues in 6.

Either way, this series was probably perfect for building experience in this young Canucks team. 

Go Canucks Go !!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roberts said:

My GDT win streak lasted from January 2nd, 2019, to August 16th, 2020. The first win was against the Ottawa when Pettersson scored in overtime to get his first career hat trick.

Put that into some Canuck trivia as part of the record books.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Hate to say it, but this game is a mental do-or-die for the young Canucks core.  Should the Blues win this and tie up the series, it'll surely shake the nerves of our young team and the Blues will probably prey on that and take the series in 6 or 7.  However, win tonight, and I think it'll be lights out for the Blues in 6.

Either way, this series was probably perfect for building experience in this young Canucks team. 

Go Canucks Go !!

Disagree,...The pressure is 100% on the Blues..even if we lose tonight (the Blues are the ones who have a tiger by the tail)...We're just happy to be here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Go Canucks Go !!

Obviously STL is gonna bring it tonight. Just need the boys to improve getting the puck out of their own end. Just a little improvement over what we saw the last half of last night’s game, and I think we’re good.

7 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Come out hard and get it back tonight! If we can split the back to back we’ll be in a great position to finish the series. Go Canucks Go!!! :towel:

Thanks for the optimism I needed that!!

I am getting FIRED up now

Let's take it to the BLUES

Excited Kobe Bryant GIF

• Like 1

We got away from our game at times last night and Blues looked to be the more hungry team. A loss might have been a good thing for the Canucks to reset and get back to their game. Can't let bad habits creep into your game at this time of year. A lot of guys weren't going last night in our forward group. Thought all our D had good games (especially Fanta). Yes Stecher was getting beat up out there but I will never criticize a player who gives it 110%. Same with Motte, tough night but thought he did a lot of good things, again played with 110% heart  so I'm okay with it.

With all that said, we got outplayed and had an off game. It happens however, Canucks were still one shot away from a win. Blues didn't dominate or over power us. We were in it. Boys will be ready to battle tonight and get back in the W column no doubt!

3-1 Canucks score in tonights game and series lead!!!!! LFG

• Like 2