The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues game 5 | Aug. 19, 2020, 7:30pm | Series tied 2-2

Rate this topic

cuporbust

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I don't know what happened during the shut down, but he looks like a different player than he was in reg season, and not in a good way. 

Maybe I just expected the playoffs to really put the spotlight on him using his size and speed to completely disrupt our opposition every time he hits the ice, but he hasn't looked all that dangerous anywhere. 

I just want him to play like he's got something to prove and show everyone who doubts him what he's capable of.

I've been preaching patience with Jake for ages, and I guess I'm just disappointed because I feel like he's taken a step backwards in the playoffs. He's not taking the bull by the horns and changing game.. I may have set myself up for disappointment, but I really expected Jake to excel in playoff style play.

I always think of Bo losing his temper with Jake at their camp....something just not right but I hope the kid turns it around.

Virtanen lost the puck on a breakaway. He was mad and threw a hit. Horvat called him out after the hit. Horvat to Virtanen: "Just cause you f'd up, doesn't mean you get to run the f@#k around"
  • Like 1

The main adjustment SLB did- they put Allen in the net.I mean, guy put up over 96% SV in 2 games. His play is the main reason why it is not over and will go for at least 6 games. Canucks need to have more net presence and crash the net at any chance the got. Just my 2 c.

Alright folks my 5 keys to the game:

1. pucks at the net - need to generate more rubber at Allen

2. more traffic in front of Allen - we need a greasy goal or two and getting shots on net and traffic in front will create this

3. heavy on the forecheck - need to spend more time in their end this game

4. special teams - pk and pp need to be better

5. WIN!!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I don't know what happened during the shut down, but he looks like a different player than he was in reg season, and not in a good way. 

Maybe I just expected the playoffs to really put the spotlight on him using his size and speed to completely disrupt our opposition every time he hits the ice, but he hasn't looked all that dangerous anywhere. 

I just want him to play like he's got something to prove and show everyone who doubts him what he's capable of.

I've been preaching patience with Jake for ages, and I guess I'm just disappointed because I feel like he's taken a step backwards in the playoffs. He's not taking the bull by the horns and changing game.. I may have set myself up for disappointment, but I really expected Jake to excel in playoff style play.

I am with you I also expected more but considering how he was treated at the start of the playoffs, the relationship between him and the coach definitely has something to do with it. He has more to give and I have seen him play great and then I seen him tone it right down the next game. 

The one thing I do know is that Jake seems to get punished immediately on the ice and you see sometimes he is benched for most of a period. Does any other player get treated like that ? Like I said before, he treats him like his own kid or something its weird. 

By now, I would have like to see what Jake can do as a penalty killer, have quality PP time and see regular duties in the top 6. Its like TG has basically made sure he is going to be nothing but a bottom 6 checking forward, period.

He needs a new contract and I would surely like to see if he is worth keeping or not and if we do, how much he should be paid. 

6 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I always think of Bo losing his temper with Jake at their camp....something just not right but I hope the kid turns it around.

Virtanen lost the puck on a breakaway. He was mad and threw a hit. Horvat called him out after the hit. Horvat to Virtanen: "Just cause you f'd up, doesn't mean you get to run the f@#k around"

The best way to make up to your teammates is giving 110% for them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, EdgarM said:

I am with you I also expected more but considering how he was treated at the start of the playoffs, the relationship between him and the coach definitely has something to do with it. He has more to give and I have seen him play great and then I seen him tone it right down the next game. 

The one thing I do know is that Jake seems to get punished immediately on the ice and you see sometimes he is benched for most of a period. Does any other player get treated like that ? Like I said before, he treats him like his own kid or something its weird. 

By now, I would have like to see what Jake can do as a penalty killer, have quality PP time and see regular duties in the top 6. Its like TG has basically made sure he is going to be nothing but a bottom 6 checking forward, period.

He needs a new contract and I would surely like to see if he is worth keeping or not and if we do, how much he should be paid. 

Well if it is the doghouse effect, it's time to unleash the beast.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1