• Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/25/2020 at 11:00 PM

My read is Chara knew exactly what he was doing -  looks over the shoulder, sees Kucherov cycling behind him, just happens to throw his stick 'randomly' up in the air, where Kucherov's face, shockingly, was.  Filthy.  The view from behind the net, particularly telling.

Hard to ignore how many of these 'coincidences' Chara is involved in.

Goes down like he's hit by a truck on that weak wrister.

Can imagine Dr. Cassidy's take on that one. 

Or Jack Edwards...screaming at Chara to "get up"?

Good job Tampa.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, oldnews said:

My read is Chara knew exactly what he was doing -  looks over the shoulder, sees Kucherov cycling behind him, just happens to throw his stick 'randomly' up in the air, where Kucherov's face, shockingly, was.  Filthy.  The view from behind the net, particularly telling.

Hard to ignore how many of these 'coincidences' Chara is involved in.

Goes down like he's hit by a truck on that weak wrister.

Can imagine Dr. Cassidy's take on that one. 

Or Jack Edwards...screaming at Chara to "get up"?

Good job Tampa.

I dont think Chara intended to high stick Kucherov. Chara was going for Kucherov’s stick, tried to lift it quickly to take away a possible passing option, but missed completely because he was guessing where his stick was and had his head up instead of looking at Kucherov’s stick. That would be a stupid penalty to take if it was intentional, down 3-1 in the series and putting one of your best PKers in the box. 

• Cheers 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to ECSF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (4) Boston Bruins | Lightning win series 4-1

I think thats the end of the Bruins as the power they have been for a decade. Finally. Chara was ok, but a shadow of himself, Kreji, Bergeron look average. Krug is probably gone. Goaltending issues to come. Marchand is still a douche but a heck of a player. Still a competitive team but will be passed regularly now by up and coming up teams. Good riddance. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, knucklehead91 said:

I dont think Chara intended to high stick Kucherov. Chara was going for Kucherov’s stick, tried to lift it quickly to take away a possible passing option, but missed completely because he was guessing where his stick was and had his head up instead of looking at Kucherov’s stick. That would be a stupid penalty to take if it was intentional, down 3-1 in the series and putting one of your best PKers in the box. 

That's plausible - I don't know his "intent" - the reason I see it otherwise is the massive gap between Chara's stick and Kucherov's - and the fact he doesn't really locate Kucherov after his shoulder check to detect him coming to the strong side - if you read it as Chara watching the puck and attempting to lift the stick of a player he didn't locate after his shoulder check, I suppose that's equally possible.  I see him as a guy who is conveniently reckless - always running deterrence.  Gordie Howe used to throw the elbow 'randomly' so players would think twice about running him - Chara's recklessness, not to protect himself but establish a wide swath of territory and caution his opponents. 

As for the stupidity if it's intentional - the accidental/on-purpose, not at the heart of the play (the puck is on the half-boards) - it's only stupid if it's caught.

• Vintage 1

If one told Toronto fans before the start of the season that "The Bruins will be eliminated on Toronto ice by a team wearing blue and white," Leafs fan would be ecstatic, that this should finally be their year. Then there is reality

Edited by ruilin96
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/31/2020 at 9:14 PM, knucklehead91 said:

It's hard to say. A player with a dirty history. People will always doubt his intentions. If he didn't want this he shouldn't have been such a thug throughout his career