The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 21, 2020 | Canucks win series 4-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think there is a good chance Toffoli draws back in for Game 1 or Game 2. Haven’t heard much on Myers.

Is that Myers on the right, fist pumping with his left arm? 

Or is Myers is 4th guy up on the right side. He is still holding his left arm in straight. Or is that OJ??? 

After game 5 the same guy wasn't moving his left arm, kept the left hand in his pocket. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Him and Hughes, if only we had the cap space 

But things are already gonna be tight

Petro would be perfect for this team.  He'd make us an instant favourite next year.  A fearless leader that can skate, hammer the puck, and can be an absolute horse.  But hes easily worth 8+ mil so theres little chance we can afford him. 

6 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Petro would be perfect for this team.  He'd make us an instant favourite next year.  A fearless leader that can skate, hammer the puck, and can be an absolute horse.  But hes easily worth 8+ mil so theres little chance we can afford him. 

Sounds like Edler. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sounds like Edler. 

Baumer went with a real gentle hand on Pietro during the hand shaking phase. I think that is a sign they want him lol. He was all smiles and super friendly to him lol.

Hughes and Pietro as a pairing would be nasty.

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sounds like Edler. 

True.  Love Edler.  But Petros on another level with his skating, ability to get the puck off and on net,  and make plays.  

Im hoping Joulevi makes a big step next year because we need another horse back there with Edler getting older.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

@bishopshodan

oh im sorry, i thought everyone was in a post game thread and planning cup parades and free agency signings. 

Don't be sorry,

I think they should do the same route as the SunRun.

Down Georgia, left on Denman, take Pacific/Beach to the Granville bridge, down 2nd, back over the Cambie bridge to return to Pacific on to Rogers.

B)

4 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Unbelievable,

According to HF poster MS, Detroit and Ottawa would have been able to beat St.Louis with the goaltending that the Blues had this series.

What a joke.

who cares? The internet is full of people with a whole bunch of different opinions. If you seek out the ones that piss you of you are going to have a bad time. And trying to generate outrage about it is not a good use of your time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

At 6 million, Loui doesn't bring value in any way, shape or form

Clearly Travis Green disagrees or he wouldn't be in the lineup. Hockey is a team game and he is helping this team win, just like the rest of the players on the Canucks and the role that each plays.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

53 minutes ago, butters said:

who cares? The internet is full of people with a whole bunch of different opinions. If you seek out the ones that piss you of you are going to have a bad time. And trying to generate outrage about it is not a good use of your time.

Very true, but I just find it odd that Canucks moderators on that site are essentially allowing certain Canuck fans on there to blatantly troll there own fanbase.    It’s just odd to me.  Go ahead, try it for yourself.  Go over there and praise Benning for the job that he’s done with this team and see where that takes you.

25 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Clearly Travis Green disagrees or he wouldn't be in the lineup. Hockey is a team game and he is helping this team win, just like the rest of the players on the Canucks and the role that each plays.

Yeah at this point he reminds me of John McIntyre in the 1994 run.  I think he played every game and got zero points, or something like that anyway, but he was value added in the lineup.

That said, once Toffoli is back I think Loui starts shining a seat with his ass.

O'Reilly called themselves a junior team

O'Reilly said, "At times we looked like a junior team out there the way we were turning the puck over, not playing the right way, and it came back to bite us."

from: https://www.nhl.com/news/blues-eliminated-by-canucks-in-first-round/c-318687900

Should the Canucks change their name to the Vancouver Rodney Dangerfields?