The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 23, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

put in macewen gravovac   and   juolevi  in a game   size in for our bottom 6   and juolevi  in for fantenberg opens up crisper zone exits and outlet passes  id sit eriksson pearson and fantenberg a game  pearson needs to wake up hes a disappearing act  right now 

I'm with you but we all know it wont happen :( 

• Huggy Bear 1

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I agree.

I also don't think Vegas is this machine that can't be stopped (either).  I think they get away with stuff and Reaves is an ass who gets away with stuff that Rous didn't.  Not sure why?  And if Myers did half of what happened out there, it would be noticed.  I'm REALLY tired of the double standard.  They got...one tripping penalty I think.  But apparently these aren't penalties.  Rous trolling Reaves gets all the attention.  Just infuriating.

Nope, not a cross check.  Nothing to see here...move along.  (They were all over Quinn and double teaming him at times).

image.png

I remember this one...was a charge after the puck was gone.  Maybe we could hit the puck off Frankenstein's fat foot into the net?

image.png

Nope, no penalties here....this is allowed in hockey.  It's called face checking.

image.png

image.png

image.png

But hugging a guy to tell him to piss off?  NOPE, NOT ALLOWED...MISCONDUCT.

I'm getting real tired of the one sidedness of it all.  Did it matter in this game?  Likely not.  But it certainly doesn't help.

Is it hockey or ?

To be fair, we don’t know what roussel said to reaves on the ice and it may have been over the line and unsportsmanlike.

Didn't expect much tonight, hangover from an intense series going into a team in their prime who had been rested and prepared.

Let's just hope we get some rest, get some planning done and come in with a bit more even compete in Game 2 or this series will slip away from us quickly. Quite frankly if we lose the next game I don't see us going 4-2 after.

We can, and have, beat this team. They're rolling at the moment but we can stop them and are pretty evenly matched on paper IMO. On the ice they're a solid 4 line, 5 man unit though. We need to start skating more with the puck again to generate PPs that we can put these games away with. On ice we looked shocking but on paper tonight, apart from the goals, not too bad.

They play a heavy game like St. Louis but if I remember correctly, Washington beat them by zipping through them with speed and killing them on the PP. We don't quite have Carlson, Ovi and Kuznetsov but we can try and emulate them as best possible. This team can beat this Vegas team if we try not to run and gun them 5 on 5, but get it into a special teams firefight.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Petey40 said:

To be fair, we don’t know what roussel said to reaves on the ice and it may have been over the line and unsportsmanlike.

I think if it was bad enough to deserve an unsportsmanlike Reaves wouldn’t have been smiling before/when the call was made 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

it sucks so much that Ferland and Myers are out. We needed some push back physically. 

Toffoli is brawny & holds onto his space out there, too. But, even if those players come back for this series, I seriously doubt that they are game-shape, play-off tempo ready, for awhile after that. That’s the dilemma.

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Say what?  I saw zero Grade A chances and maybe like 3 Grade B chances.  The rest of the game was the Canucks shooting weak wristers from the blue line and peeling off for a change. 

What would you call the Pettersson through the legs to Tanev who walked in but shot just wide?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

Toffoli is a brawny & holds his own - too. But, even if they come back for this series, I seriously doubt that they are game-shape, play-off tempo ready, for awhile after that. That’s the dilemma.

They’re prahhs brah

Furr shurr they’d be fine

So that hurt the ego lol!

Throw the game in the garbage can we just weren’t clicking tonight. Constant over handling of pucks and just seemed to fight it all game coughing the puck up all over the ice. Give credit to Vegas though they didn’t let up. If the Canucks are going to beat them we need to be in A game each night and not let there be a shooting gallery on Markstrom. 

Pettersson showed up to play--drew a couple obvious calls that were ignored. and set up guys only for the scoring chance to be squandered. 

I thought Virtanen played well--drove to the net, and laid the body. Motte provided some energy as well.
Other than that, everyone seemed tired from an emotional series with the Blues. 

• Cheers 1

Quinn looked pissed that Vegas had his number tonight.

He’ll learn their tendencies and adjust, I’m sure.

Awful game top to bottom.

The boys were rushing passes and forcing plays, nothing was clicking. 

Macewan in.

We need the Tylers back pronto as well.

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

They’re prahhs brah

Furr shurr they’d be fine

For healthy “prahhhs” like Benn - who temporarily left the bubble, perhaps. But coming back from a shoulder separation, high ankle sprain or broken bone in the foot? They will try to rush getting back & play with something most folks take half a year to 12 months to heal from properly. They might not be all that we expect, want or need them to be from the out-set. 

Edited by viking mama

3 minutes ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

I don’t understand how Eriksson gets gifted riding shotgun beside Pettersson. Put Gaudette on the wing FFS. He’s not a bottom 6 player. 

It’s not really a gift lol. He basically a filler. Doesn’t make many mistakes but isn’t a energy type guy you want in your bottom 6 either. He’s basically a second line forward or a scratch. I don’t know that’s the way I see it