The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 25th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G2

Rate this topic

Roberts

15 minutes ago, Darius said:

Trash talking from the bench is nothing new and has been going on forever.

I wont post it here because the language and phrases would probably violate board rules and would surely be politically incorrect in 2020 but goto youtube and lookup:

Penguins' players trash talking Minnesota North Stars' Brian Bellows

Makes Reaves look like Mr. Rogers.  One way to shut them up is to light up the lamp and get them worried about whats happening on the score board.

Is there any player today that even raise an eyebrow because of trashtalk? 

43 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

It's mental warfare and it is used in combat sports all the time!

We need to be able to handle it.

young kids who love hockey are growing up with idols , all the chirping that the knights bench did , sure shows a bad side to hockey

3 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Lets get some pushback and shots to the net tonight

Go Canucks!!!!!!!!!

To hell with the push back, let's take it to them! Keep taking the body. Keep them on their toes. 

You do that by outworking them. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, bree2 said:

young kids who love hockey are growing up with idols , all the chirping that the knights bench did , sure shows a bad side to hockey

Watch Pettersson’s face. He’s quietly getting it done.

Watch Hughes have a phenomenal game.

I have no worries. We’ll have the last laugh.

:towel:

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Doesn't matter to me who wears the ZEBRA STRIPES...go out, play hard and out score your opponent. Stand up for each other, don't whine to the refs and out work the opposition!

I can’t like this enough times!!

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Are people really that upset that our players were getting chirped...its the playoffs, its competitive and it happens all the time! It's part of the game...

Yep, you don’t think Gretzky was chirped at? Lemieux? Anyone who can do damage, the opposition will do anything to get inside that player’s head to minimize their impact. Don’t back down, keep quiet and outwork them. The best way to shut someone up is by winning the game! Let your play do the talking 

• Vintage 1

Power Play, Power Play, Power Play.

The team saw in the last game that Vegas are gonna try to go after Hughes so they better have power play strats worked out to handle that. The PP is a shining beacon of hope for the Canucks in this series so lets take advantage of those opportunities.

Edited by spliced
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

Yep, you don’t think Gretzky was chirped at? Lemieux? Anyone who can do damage, the opposition will do anything to get inside that player’s head to minimize their impact. Don’t back down, keep quiet and outwork them. The best way to shut someone up is by winning the game! Let your play do the talking 

Let their arrogant smiles fall off their faces simultaneously as they look for answers.

Edited by Me_