The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

9 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

It's not hyperbole.  It's stated by the founder.

There are millions of black Americans that do not support the BLM organization and are comfortable articulating their reasons.

Thanks for finding that.  I hadn't heard that. 

I would only say to that that BLM has eclipsed any of these young radical organizers that maybe first coined the phrase.  Its only common sense to conclude that the vast majority of BLM supporters are not thinking about some communist revolution, or world economic systems, but about street level justice.  And its quite convenient to dismiss the greater message because of one of the initial young leaders political beliefs.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

Doesn’t change the fact that they should require a higher standard for police especially given the difficulty of their job.

i think one of the major problems cops in the US face is that there are around 400 million guns in circulation in that country.  It cant help a tense situation, especially when you are not very well trained,  to go into every potential conflict knowing that the other person most likely has a firearm.   It sure makes de-escalation more challenging.  I bet those guys arent very well paid either, so you are not going to attract the most qualified people.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Thanks for finding that.  I hadn't heard that. 

I would only say to that that BLM has eclipsed any of these young radical organizers that maybe first coined the phrase.  Its only common sense to conclude that the vast majority of BLM supporters are not thinking about some communist revolution, or world economic systems, but about street level justice.  And its quite convenient to dismiss the greater message because of one of the initial young leaders political beliefs.

Said every German in 1938

I am really disappointed that hockey is being cancelled today. Hockey is a fantastic example when everyone stands unity i think i can speak for everyone here we dont care what color your skin is, as long as your a good person that $&!# dosent matter, there is still an issue of racsim but trying to shut down the world for a day isnt the answer    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Sooooooo let’s just pop 7 caps into him “just in case”

makes perfect sense 

Yes , when the "just in case" means u are at risk of losing ur life because of this guys decisions.

Hiw many cops have been shot or stabbed in these situations? 

Gee,  nobody's asking that. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Justdean10 said:

Then look at percentage by race of crime committed. Over 50% of crime is committed by black people so of course more are going to get shot because they commit more crime. 
7.6% of murders of black people are by white people. So 92.4 of murders of black people are committed by Black people.
13.6% of Murders of white people are committed by Black people. Where 86.4% of white people being murdered are by white people.
So in both case, each race kills each other way more than other race 52% of murders are committed by black people even though they are only about 13% of the population.
I know it's not fair to assume just because one black person killed someone, to hold that on all of them but this isn't just about white people needing to be better, they need to better themselves. BLM movement just makes white people look like they are awful people but a lot of their problems stem from with in their own race. If they stopped killing people, they would stop being killed. 

Stop and think about why that might be. Why one particular culture might be more involved in crime. Do you think it could have anything to do with: repression, lower education/standard of living, ghettos, etc. All still perpetuated since the days of slavery ended in the US.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, arsenalian said:

Stop and think about why that might be. Why one particular culture might be more involved in crime. Do you think it could have anything to do with: repression, lower education/standard of living, ghettos, etc. All still perpetuated since the days of slavery ended in the US.

Because of police?

I agree with what you said, and those are the things that should be targeted. The opposite of the BLM goals.

Edited by Moose Nuckle

2 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

but trying to shut down the world for a day isnt the answer    

A- The world hasn't been shut down. A few games have.

B- Nobody thinks that's the answer. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

But why couldn't they just ask him nicely to stop over and over until eventually he got so annoyed with asking that he complied?

I'm blown away that they didn't ask him nicely to walk to the back of the cruiser before wrestling, tazing, shooting him.

I mean, I totally would expect someone charged with raping a minor - 3rd degree sexual assault AND charged with a felony weapons possession for pulling a gun in a bar, to comply when asked nicely.

Give your SJW heads a shake, friggin disgusting seeing these people put this sad excuse of a human on a pedestal

Way to go athletes, rally around a pedo.

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Whorvat said:

I'm blown away that they didn't ask him nicely to walk to the back of the cruiser before wrestling, tazing, shooting him.

I mean, I totally would expect someone charged with raping a minor - 3rd degree sexual assault AND charged with a felony weapons possession for pulling a gun in a bar, to comply when asked nicely.

Give your SJW heads a shake, friggin disgusting seeing these people put this sad excuse of a human on a pedestal

Way to go athletes, rally around a pedo.

Hell of a martyr