The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

5 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

I doubt you an expert on this topic as you called a magazine a 'clip'.  Somehow police all over Europe deal with these things and hardly ever shoot anyone.

A magazine is for rifles dude. A clip is for handguns. 

A magazine is attached to a rifle , a clip is a removable device that you connect to the magazine.

Edited by cuporbust

16 minutes ago, dexterwang said:

Unbelievably disappointed by the leagues decision. 

I have been working with disparate minority communities in both Canada and the States and I loath the black lives matter movement. This garbage movement has set back minorities decades and actually doesn’t give a shat about minority we’ll being. 

Hate police brutality? Let’s talk funding more police training, reforming police unions that protects bad cops, and better recruitment. But nope!!! let’s defund the police, antagonize them and riot. This have hurt and will hurt minority neighborhood. 

Hate disparity? Let’s talk about culture, valuing education, supportive family structure, and improving community safety... but nope!!! According to BLM website, let’s dissolve the nuclear family, kill capitalism and blame everyone else. 

tragedy 

Do you think BLM just popped into existence randomly?  You think those that went to the streets, and protested George Floyd's death should never form any kind of organization, or give it a name?  I don't get your POV.  How do you come to the conclusion that those who support BLM "doesn’t give a shat about minority we’ll being"?  Why would they even exist?  To get rich? 

I do think there is a problem with the term "defund the police"  Because it can be misconstrued.  What they mean by that is millions of dollars are spent annually on militarizing the police, especially in the US.  Huge money is spent on armoured vehicles, and swat gear.  Meanwhile, cuts are made to community programs and funding to help disadvantaged communities get a leg up.  Or after school youth programs for minority and poor neighbourhoods.  Its about reversing the concept that might makes right every time.  That spending on helping folks move up creates a more stable community, than simply handing the police, who have a bad record dealing with minorities, more weapons and power.

This is from BLM website on #defundthepolice

https://blacklivesmatter.com/defundthepolice/

We call for a national defunding of police. We demand investment in our communities and the resources to ensure Black people not only survive, but thrive.

Of course there should be more and better police training, and reforming police unions as well. I agree. I don't like the statement "defund the police" I think it should be "rethink how you fund the police".

But you seem to have an irrational hatred of BLM. If it wasn't BLM it would have been some other folks coming up with another name. They may not do everything perfectly, its an ad hoc movement, and is made up of people of all different stripes.  Some are very angry.

Its pretty damn extremist to define anyone involved in the BLM movement as wanting to "dissolve the nuclear family" (especially considering the latest shooting was of a father walking back to his car with his children).   or "kill capitalism"  How does that enter the equation?  BLM want money spent on communities to, in part, help folks start and keep small businesses (capitalism).

Your baseless hyperbole doesn't help.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Justdean10 said:

Then look at percentage by race of crime committed. Over 50% of crime is committed by black people so of course more are going to get shot because they commit more crime. 
7.6% of murders of black people are by white people. So 92.4 of murders of black people are committed by Black people.
13.6% of Murders of white people are committed by Black people. Where 86.4% of white people being murdered are by white people.
So in both case, each race kills each other way more than other race 52% of murders are committed by black people even though they are only about 13% of the population.
I know it's not fair to assume just because one black person killed someone, to hold that on all of them but this isn't just about white people needing to be better, they need to better themselves. BLM movement just makes white people look like they are awful people but a lot of their problems stem from with in their own race. If they stopped killing people, they would stop being killed. 

Where are you pulling these numbers from Justdean 10?

2 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

I doubt you an expert on this topic as you called a magazine a 'clip'.  Somehow police all over Europe deal with these things and hardly ever shoot anyone.

Cops in europe chase groups of black people and beat them when they catch them. 

2 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

i agree that the force was excessive (to say the least).  To be fair though, police in Europe usually dont operate in environments where seemingly everyone is armed.  I read somewhere that the US has like 400 million guns in circulation....I assume that cops in the US always go into these situations thinking there is a firearm on hand or nearby...that surely cant help the situation

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, spliced said:

What a load of crap. Play the freaking games. This is so stupid.

They are kowtowing to bullies and abusers. Sickening and really it's a human rights abuse. Gross.

Think about it this way...

Canucks are tired and a bit beat up..  Vegas had 5 days rest before round 2 started Canucks only had 48hrs rest.. Canucks played 2 very big physical teams in Wild and Blues. Myers can use extra day to get back.. 

So if you are a Canucks fan an extra day off is great news.. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

How are lives always on the line? Yet these same situations are de-escalated and resolved peacefully in places like the UK, Germany, Australia, Canada?

All those countries have a fraction of the population of the US so the incidents will be much lower, maybe research how many cops are killed each year because they made the mistake of not using deadly force, it may surprise you.

13 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Yes, i don't think anyones arguing that all lives matter, black and white and latino and asian. All matter.

The actions of burning down used car dealerships serves what purpose?

Burning down small business serves who?

Smashing and grabbing at nike, apple, tesla and jewelry stores because those businesses are racist?

Right...

but you're blaming the actions of random people on others trying to gain more equality. Its like blaming you for the 2011 riots. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

All those countries have a fraction of the population of the US so the incidents will be much lower, maybe research how many cops are killed each year because they made the mistake of not using deadly force, it may surprise you.

Not to mention... 

326 million people

nearly 400 million guns

13 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Its pretty damn extremist to define anyone involved in the BLM movement as wanting to "dissolve the nuclear family" (especially considering the latest shooting was of a father walking back to his car with his children).   or "kill capitalism"  How does that enter the equation?  BLM want money spent on communities to, in part, help folks start and keep small businesses (capitalism).

Your baseless hyperbole doesn't help.

It's not hyperbole.  It's stated by the founder.

There are millions of black Americans that do not support the BLM organization and are comfortable articulating their reasons.

But those voices aren't reported by much of the media.  All I can say is don't let the media tell you what all black people think or are supposed to think.

Edited by Kevin Biestra