The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

1 hour ago, Chickenspear said:

I mean, Chayka really screwed the pooch before he bolted... Armstrong doesn't really have much of a choice but to rebuild, and with the cap the way it is, he's gonna have a hard time not looking like a fool as he tries to get his roster in order with other teams looking to take advantage of their situation.

Sorry wrong poster.

Edited by aGENT

25 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Dhaliwal is saying that the Canucks have two priorities right now:  Marky and OEL.

In that case, there's going to be a lot of pressure to include Demko in a deal for OEL the way Arizona reportedly wants.  Not saying I want it to happen, just that they do, and that the two negotiations lean towards that outcome. 

33 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Dhaliwal is saying that the Canucks have two priorities right now:  Marky and OEL.

I'm still really hoping Toffoli wants to take a bit of a cut to play here. What a great fit he's been. I assume he is in the next tier of signing along with Tanev.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I'm still really hoping Toffoli wants to take a bit of a cut to play here. What a great fit he's been. I assume he is in the next tier of signing along with Tanev.

sounds like they have it all worked out, just waiting to see if Jim can clear some cap to fit it all in. If Benning somehow manages to land OEL, keep TT and sign Marky with no expansion protection he should be in the running for GM of the year. 

6 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

sounds like they have it all worked out, just waiting to see if Jim can clear some cap to fit it all in. If Benning somehow manages to land OEL, keep TT and sign Marky with no expansion protection he should be in the running for GM of the year. 

No kidding, that's a 3 headed monster right there. Maybe a dash of reupping Stech if not landing Dillon at a hometown discount. Idk what the third pairing will look like, especially if OJ ends up being in the OEL package.

Edited by Camel Toe Drag

3 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

No kidding, that's a 3 headed monster right there. Maybe a dash of reupping Stech if not landing Dillon at a hometown discount. Idk what the third pairing will look like, especially if OJ ends up being in the OEL package.

I like OJ a lot, but I'd be happy for him to be out of this media market that will never let him forget that he's not Tkachuk. 

3 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

I like OJ a lot, but I'd be happy for him to be out of this media market that will never let him forget that he's not Tkachuk. 

same - but I think that he is the most expendable and also NHL ready of the group making it most likely he will end up in any deal we do

19 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

same - but I think that he is the most expendable and also NHL ready of the group making it most likely he will end up in any deal we do

Exactly.... a trade for OEL would have him and Hughes locking down the left side for a long time (barring a switch for QH).  I still think we'll resign Edler to a 1yr deal or two at a greatly reduced rate and have this for a couple years:

Hughes-Tanev

OEL-Myers

Edler-Rafferty/Tryamkin/Stecher

Edited by Jayinblack