The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

3 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

not sure how. We get a great top 4 D and a great young 3rd line C we also get rid of the 6 mil from Eriksson

all we give up is a top 4 D that was meh, a prospect who is looking like a top 9 forward tops and a 2nd round pick. I would pay a 2nd to get rid of Eriksson alone. 

OEL was a good top four D, but has regressed a lot over the last few seasons.  Dvorak is okay, but is he worth taking on OEL and giving up Schmidt, Lind and our second?  For us to take OEL (25% retained) we get Dvorak as sweetener.  They get Schmidt.  

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

OEL was a good top four D, but has regressed a lot over the last few seasons.  Dvorak is okay, but is he worth taking on OEL and giving up Schmidt, Lind and our second?  For us to take OEL (25% retained) we get Dvorak as sweetener.  They get Schmidt.  

Or garland. 1 for 1 isnt an option

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

U go cheap for a year for a UFA i guess. Bogosian or something. Or you make a trade with seattle after the ED. They probably will have like 5 good dmen they wanna trade away.

Garland and OEL (retained) for Schmidt and late pick? 

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Nah they gonna need at least a couple prospects and mid round pick id think. Dipietro maybe? They can also take erikkson if were gonna pay all that money for oel

OEL requires sweetener.  

• Cheers 1

I cant see how this makes any sense for Benning unless there is a significant sweetener and retention for OEL's whole contract.

I will say IF Benning has OEL on his must have list, moving out another big cap hit, mid term deal like Schmidt or Myers for him makes a lot more cap sense than prospects and picks.

If we are going to have a top 4 that all make 6 mil plus, I would certainly hope it would be significantly better than Hughes, OEL, Schmidt, and Myers. 

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Its kinda the same thing with tampa. Yeah sure i will take johnson but i aint taking him unless we get cernak with him.

I’m still In the boat that’s there’s nothing wrong with Johnson it’s just he’s on a stacked Tampa team with to many options

Solid top6 player 

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I cant see how this makes any sense for Benning unless there is a significant sweetener and retention for OEL's whole contract.

I will say IF Benning has OEL on his must have list, moving out another big cap hit, mid term deal like Schmidt or Myers for him makes a lot more cap sense than prospects and picks.

If we are going to have a top 4 that all make 6 mil plus, I would certainly hope it would be significantly better than Hughes, OEL, Schmidt, and Myers. 

OEL seems to be the only player on Benning's list.