• Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2020 at 12:00 AM

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WCF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (3) Dallas Stars | Stars lead series 3-1
2 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

We signed the wrong Benn brother. Jaime Benn is a beast! If only we had someone like him on the Canucks who could win puck battles against VGK.

He ain't worth his 9.5m cap hit anymore, but he's always produced in the playoffs

He's a big reason they've gotten this far 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, shazzam said:

only watched the last 7 mins or so, the stars look much more aggressive defensively compared to us. Vegas is not as skilled as we let them be. We gotta change that passive way of defending

I couldn't agree more. Dallas is having all the same problems the Canucks did against VGK entering their zone but the reason they're winning is because they're also limiting VGKs shot attempts with aggressive D. GMJB said in the post season presser that the plan moving forward is to play a system focused on defense. I HOPE that doesn't mean always collapsing down low into a 4 man box and letting the opposition pepper the net like what we got going on currently. 

I don’t care what you guys say, right now the stars vs knights give or take is similar to the Canucks knights series in terms of sog and puck possession, the only difference is maybe stars top pairing is a little better and overall the stars are more physical but that’s about it.   Stars up 3-1 I feel we could have been in the same situation if demko started from game 1.

• Haha 1

I'd also like to add that the reffing in this series has been clearly biased.  From the goalie leg sweep last game that was ruled a good goal to the late 3rd period 5 on 3 advantage tonight, the refs are trying to do everything they can to keep VGK in it but Dallas is still winning.  So many blatant non calls against VGK tonight especially in the 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

I don’t care what you guys say, right now the stars vs knights give or take is similar to the Canucks knights series in terms of sog and puck possession, the only difference is maybe stars top pairing is a little better and overall the stars are more physical but that’s about it.   Stars up 3-1 I feel we could have been in the same situation if demko started from game 1.

I agree with you. It has been similar.  The main difference has been Dallas's  more aggressive defense.  Had the Canucks been more aggressive on defense they could have easily been up 3-1 as well. Demko isn't the answer. Giving up 40+ shots a night and expecting your goaltender to stand on his head for extended periods of pressure night after night isnt the way to win hockey games. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, FilthyRich said:

The Vegas subreddit is truly Golden right now.  Love the sheer misery.

Good. It is actually a $&!# hole & massively over rated city where you see the worst of America come out on a nightly basis. 

Ya ....I did have fun there several time....  ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1