The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Alumni - how old is your account?

Slegr

On 9/6/2020 at 2:07 AM, Down by the River said:

2009. I had lurked for awhile and then joined to talk about this game:

Coincidentally, it was this exact game that brought me here as well.  I was curious as to what the Canucks fans perspective of the game was.  People here were going absolutely bananas.  There was so much vile being spewed about the Hawks, the city of Chicago, and the fans that I couldn't stop laughing for like 3 hours straight.

It was so addicting that I couldn't help coming back for more and I've pretty much been here ever since.

I've posted here since it opened with several forgotten accounts and years sabbatical. I'm wondering if anyone here posted on the text only newgroups back in the old days. I was posting on those the year we drafted Ohlund. 1993?

Edited by nailbiters

17 minutes ago, nailbiters said:

I've posted here since it opened with several forgotten accounts and years sabbatical. I'm wondering if anyone here posted on the text only newgroups back in the old days. I was posting on those the year we drafted Ohlund. 1993?

Yes, I was in Newsgroups way back when, on my XT Turbo PC with Amber monitor and 1 MB of ram!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Yes, I was in Newsgroups way back when, on my XT Turbo PC with Amber monitor and 1 MB of ram!

It was hilarious what we (I) went through back then. Dialing in to freenet, crazy squealing noises while trying to connect, finally succeeding!  lol The advent of it all. 

• Thanks 1

I remember when I first joined CDC..it was waaay back in 2004. See in those days, not many people had cell phones. Canucks talk was full of well thought, insightful trade proposals and no one ever doubted the teams ability to play. Those sure where the good old days.

Nowadays, I just sit here on my porch, watching the final years of my life go by as quickly as the smoke disappears from my pipe.

Go..Canucks...go..

6 hours ago, canuckspride said:

I remember when I first joined CDC..it was waaay back in 2004. See in those days, not many people had cell phones. Canucks talk was full of well thought, insightful trade proposals and no one ever doubted the teams ability to play. Those sure where the good old days.

Nowadays, I just sit here on my porch, watching the final years of my life go by as quickly as the smoke disappears from my pipe.

Go..Canucks...go..

Lol, no it wasn’t. All due respect to you, I think you remember it more fondly than it actually was. In any case, I’ll share your pipe and your porch and share your Go Canucks Go. 

• Like 1