The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

How does he defend? 

Luke defends like Quinn uses his positioning and stick....but he will bang the occasional guy i hear. 

He is young and has the same interview answers as Quinn, he also sounds like Quinn, but i feel he’s immature like brother Jack . Once hes 20 he’ll be fine imo. Gotta remember all these draftees are young with teenage immaturity.

Edited by HockeyHarry

10 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Luke defends like Quinn uses his positioning and stick....but he will bang the occasional guy i hear. 

He is young and has the same interview answers as Quinn, he also sounds like Quinn, but i feel he’s immature like brother Jack . Once hes 20 he’ll be fine imo. Gotta remember all these draftees are young with teenage immaturity.

Luke Hughes is basically a full year younger than Power, Beniers, Johnson, Wallstedt.  Question I have is will 1 more year of development make him better than those guys?  Would he be #1 OA if he had another year of development like them?

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Apparently the third and Zegras :lol:

If we're going point for point, Id give them Pettersson for that right now because Pettersson is the better player between them and I love me some Zegras, plus that 3rd overall....ooohhh baby

PLus, Pettersson doesnt have an almost certain career limiting neck injury

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If we're going point for point, Id give them Pettersson for that right now because Pettersson is the better player between them and I love me some Zegras, plus that 3rd overall....ooohhh baby

PLus, Pettersson doesnt have an almost certain career limiting neck injury

Zegras definitely isn’t a sure thing yet and the 3rd overall isn’t either.

No way I trade Pettersson for anything short of a young top 5 defenseman or center in the league.

32 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Luke Hughes is basically a full year younger than Power, Beniers, Johnson, Wallstedt.  Question I have is will 1 more year of development make him better than those guys?  Would he be #1 OA if he had another year of development like them?

I went back and read a couple of pages and see that Alf already made this point a couple of times.  Sorry for the repetition Alf.

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Zegras definitely isn’t a sure thing yet and the 3rd overall isn’t either.

No way I trade Pettersson for anything short of a young top 5 defenseman or center in the league.

I mean that's fair, but I have to wonder if the 3rd AO, 9th OA and Zegras don't immediately change the fortunes of this team and offer some cap control moving forward

8 Players I want - I hope we get one of them (please?)   :blush:

1. Power

2. Beniers

3. Eklund

4. Clarke

5. Lysell

6. McTavish

7. Hughes

8. Guenther

Don't really want Johnson, I have my concerns, and I have only 1 C listed (McTavish). Canucks currently have Pettersson and Horvat, so the C has to be something special IMO. Lucius and Sillinger might be pretty good, but VAN needs elite scoring, not pretty good.

What player would gel best and form chemistry with the players we have, as soon as possible? I think Pettersson and Boeser with Eklund or Lysell would be phenomenal. Or having Clarke or Hughes in the D core. 

We gotta get one of these guys, right?

Well, I know there's been a bit of debate lately about Eklund possibly going first overall. I'd say that is almost as good as squashed with Eklund's statement about staying in Sweden. When's the last time a 1st overall pick didn't make the jump straight to the NHL? Erik Johnson 2006 I believe? Whatever team picks first wants to get that guy in the lineup ASAP.

7 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Well, I know there's been a bit of debate lately about Eklund possibly going first overall. I'd say that is almost as good as squashed with Eklund's statement about staying in Sweden. When's the last time a 1st overall pick didn't make the jump straight to the NHL? Erik Johnson 2006 I believe? Whatever team picks first wants to get that guy in the lineup ASAP.

Have read that on a previous page.  I'd agree in fact.  That's a serious gamble for a number of teams.

CBJ:  has the time i'd imagine

DET:  No issues letting prospects stew

LA:  I'd say with their prospect pool and Kopitar still being a younger 30 something no issues there either

Will be interesting but I could see one of the most skilled players in this draft falling based on that 

10 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

What about Powers statement of going back to NCAA? Beniers or Clarke then?

1 hour ago, Sp3nny said:

What about Powers statement of going back to NCAA? Beniers or Clarke then?

Good point. On Eklund I've only seen the Tweet from Kimelman so far, and there was no direct quote, but it was phrased as though it was fairly definitive. I read the article on Power: "I wouldn’t say I’m committed to going back to school. I mean, I’m probably leaning towards it right now,”

I guess there is something to the whole wanting to get the real college experience (rather tan online) and a chance to play World Juniors and Frozen Four, but I would still be fairly surprised if he's not in the NHL next year. Late birthday, giant kid, no glaring weaknesses, showed he could be a force amongst NHL players at World Championships.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

This may be the first time I disagree with you. 

I agree it doesn’t happen usually but It was such a strange year for kids development, playing time and overall growth that I won’t be surprised if none of the top 10 players make the jump from JR.

like honestly Power and Eklund and Lysell would probably be the most likely to make the instant jump.

but with Power and Eklund declaring they will be taking the year before the NHL I applaud these kids. They wanna set themselves up for success. Just shows they have a good head on their shoulders and want what’s best for themselves and their future careers.

i get what you are saying but:

- Johnson 

no way he’s not got a body to withstand nhl checking and his details don’t sound like they are there yet

- beniers 

well zegras, turcotte needed time. Jack Hughes could have benefited from not jumping into the league right away in my opinion and I think it’s unlikely he makes the jump right away

- Clarke

i guess he did play against men but that’s a big jump and a huge ask for a dman and I wouldn’t want to rush him

- Edvinsson 

has the body but it doesn’t look like he’s nhl ready and rushing him could fast track him to ruined confidence in his already questioned decision making 

- mctavish 

physically more developed then other kids but I really doubt he’s ready to make the jump. Maybe more nhl ready then others though

- Guenther 

he’s a guy I could see rushed to the nhl as he has the IQ and the shot. But I doubt he’s gonna go first overall and he would definitely benefit from getting stronger physically and playing more games before 

- Hughes 

coming off an injury and needs to tighten some things up and is one of the youngest skaters he’s gonna need 1/2 years before making the jump 

If I was Buffalo I’d take Eklund or Power or Clarke 

my new ranking:

1. EKLUND

2. CLARKE

3. POWER

4. HUGHES

5. BENIERS

6. GUENTHER

7. WALLSTEDT

8. MCTAVISH

9. LYSELL

10. JOHNSON

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HighOnHockey said:

Good point. On Eklund I've only seen the Tweet from Kimelman so far, and there was no direct quote, but it was phrased as though it was fairly definitive. I read the article on Power: "I wouldn’t say I’m committed to going back to school. I mean, I’m probably leaning towards it right now,”

I guess there is something to the whole wanting to get the real college experience (rather tan online) and a chance to play World Juniors and Frozen Four, but I would still be fairly surprised if he's not in the NHL next year. Late birthday, giant kid, no glaring weaknesses, showed he could be a force amongst NHL players at World Championships.

I thought he declared he was going to go back to school but I guess that could change for sure. How long she have till his decision is final? Like if he can go to camp and gets offered that big money and fits right in would be hard to turn down 

Just now, R3aL said:

This may be the first time I disagree with you. 

I agree it doesn’t happen usually but It was such a strange year for kids development, playing time and overall growth that I won’t be surprised if none of the top 10 players make the jump from JR.

like honestly Power and Eklund and Lysell would probably be the most likely to make the instant jump.

but with Power and Eklund declaring they will be taking the year before the NHL I applaud these kids. They wanna set themselves up for success. Just shows they have a good head on their shoulders and want what’s best for themselves and their future careers.

i get what you are saying but:

- Johnson 

no way he’s not got a body to withstand nhl checking and his details don’t sound like they are there yet

- beniers 

well zegras, turcotte needed time. Jack Hughes could have benefited from not jumping into the league right away in my opinion and I think it’s unlikely he makes the jump right away

- Clarke

i guess he did play against men but that’s a big jump and a huge ask for a dman and I wouldn’t want to rush him

- Edvinsson 

has the body but it doesn’t look like he’s nhl ready and rushing him could fast track him to ruined confidence in his already questioned decision making 

- mctavish 

physically more developed then other kids but I really doubt he’s ready to make the jump. Maybe more nhl ready then others though

- Guenther 

he’s a guy I could see rushed to the nhl as he has the IQ and the shot. But I doubt he’s gonna go first overall and he would definitely benefit from getting stronger physically and playing more games before 

- Hughes 

coming off an injury and needs to tighten some things up and is one of the youngest skaters he’s gonna need 1/2 years before making the jump 

If I was Buffalo I’d take Eklund or Power or Clarke 

my new ranking:

1. EKLUND

2. CLARKE

3. POWER

4. HUGHES

5. BENIERS

6. GUENTHER

7. WALLSTEDT

8. MCTAVISH

9. LYSELL

10. JOHNSON

Lol, come on. Can't be the first time. But actually I don't blame you. Immediately after I made that posts I had second thoughts. Just kinda jumped the gun there. Not my best moment.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

1) Eklund 

2) Beniers

3) Power

4) clarke

5) Mctavish

6) Wallstadt

7) Cossa

8) Guenther

9) hughes

Something like this could actually happen 

detroits top goalie prospect isnt gunna sign with them apparently, so i wouldnt be surprised too see the wings draft wallstedst

Edited by TNucks1
  • Thanks 1