The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

@HighOnHockey, I am very high on that post. Very well done. Looking forward to the lottery with the hope we finally have some luck go our way.

I think I’m coming around to the idea of Clarke being our best case scenario.

Do we even want to win the draft lottery?

To Take Power?

i guess we could take Clarke first overall

i wouldn’t really want to be picking first this year but I suppose we could trade down like others suggested 

I feel as if we would just take Powers first overall 

Would that be better then drafting in the  5-7 range and potentially picking Clarke,Eklund, Beniers ?

Not too worried if VAN pics 9th or 10th. Remember, there are several GMs picking ahead of us, and one or two of them could go off the board to get the player they want. VAN might still walk away with a great player. Could be (just a guess of course):

1. Power

2. Clarke

3. Hughes

4. Beniers

5. Edvinsson

6. Johnson

7. Wallstedt

8. L'Heureux

9. Guenther

10. Eklund

That wouldn't be too bad

Kent Johnson Im hearing is a flashy puck hog that doesn’t know how to use his linemates and also need to work on his defensive game. So that’s a big turn off for me and that’s why he’s in the 9-13 range. So I’m guessing he’s got too figure things out before he’s anywhere close to NHL ready.

31 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

To Take Power?

i wouldn’t really want to be picking first this year but I suppose we could trade down like others suggested 

Would that be better then drafting in the  5-7 range and potentially picking Clarke,Eklund, Beniers ?

Trade back for a kings randsom. Or take back a few spots to dump loui!

I’ve heard Great things of Benier so he’s my 1, Clarke my 2 , Eklund 3, Luke 4, Powers 5 .....and my 6 is Lysell who down in the rankings. 

Also I’m now thinking if none of those top 5 above are available we trade down and get Lysell. Or we take a gamble and trade really down and get Raty. (Who I feel can get his sh1t back together and be an awesome player).

Edited by HockeyHarry

20 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Kent Johnson Im hearing is a flashy puck hog that doesn’t know how to use his linemates and also need to work on his defensive game. So that’s a big turn off for me and that’s why he’s in the 9-13 range. So I’m guessing he’s got too figure things out before he’s anywhere close to NHL ready.

That's interesting, I have Johnson at #2 actually lol

I think he has incredible skill (hands) and skating, vision. I've heard him compared to Patty Kane.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That's interesting, I have Johnson at #2 actually lol

I think he has incredible skill (hands) and skating, vision. I've heard him compared to Patty Kane.   

I’ve heard Johnson being compared to video game players. Tons of spins and stuff but he doesn’t use his team mates at all.

2 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I’ve heard Johnson being compared to video game players. Tons of spins and stuff but he doesn’t use his team mates at all.

I need to watch more video and research a bit more. Johnson looks very skilled, but maybe he's not a very good playmaker.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

buffalo, anaheim, seattle and nj are the bottom 4 we would be 5th. we could win one game and still sit 5th. 2 wins and we're 8th or 9th. columbus,detroit, sj and la would end up below us.

If we go winless, we will finish below NJ. They have a higher ROW than us

If Canucks win the #1 OA, would you trade the pick?

There is no consensus #1, so it's kind of a crap shoot this year.

I'd seriously consider dropping down a few spots (within top 5) and grab an extra 2nd.  Or trade with DET in exchange for their 2 x 1sts.

That being said, I'd be OK with Canucks keeping the pick and draft Powers.

• Upvote 1

I know getting the first ever 1st overall pick in the franchise's history would be huge, emotionally, but from a business standpoint, I think it would be better to trade the 1st, for possibly two 1st rounders, or another high 1st rounder and a pick or prospect, etc. It should be about getting as many high end assets as possible. I would expect a lot of Canucks fans to be upset if they did this though. Would be a jaw-dropping move, but could also fast-track this re-whatever-it-is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, BPA said:

I'd seriously consider dropping down a few spots (within top 5) and grab an extra 2nd.  Or trade with DET in exchange for their 2 x 1sts.

Id rather them take clarke 1OA. 

2 hours ago, BPA said:

Absolutely not. If we end up getting THE FIRST FIRST OVERALL PICK IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!! Then I say we draft Clarke with the pick, pray by some miracle we get Morrow with our 2nd round pick and sit back and be completely satisfied that out right side D is set for a decade or more with Clarke, Morrow and Woo. 

Obviously they won't be set to step in next season but in two or three years having D corps looking something like:

Hughes - Clarke

Schmidt - Myers

Rathbone - Woo

Juolevi - Morrow

With Schmidt and Myers, hopefully, becoming expendable (tradeable) in the last year or two of their contracts

• Like 1

19 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Just for your consideration and reading pleasure!

RHD in the top 100.........from Futurescopehockey.com.........Who?

#4. Brandt Clarke                         6'1"                  181 lbs

#10. Corson Ceulemans               6'2"                  190 lbs

#22. Scott Morrow                         6'2"                  192 lbs

#43. Logan Mailloux                      6'3"                  214 lbs

#64. Jake Martin                           6'0"                  190 lbs

#65. Ryan Ufko                             5'9"                  170 lbs

#70. Dmitri Kostenko                    6'0"                   168 lbs

#78. Roman Schmidt                     6'5"                  209 lbs

#79. Vincent Iorio                          6'3"                   194 lbs

#87. Jacob Guevin                        5'11"                 181 lbs

#91. Bryce Mongomery                 6'5"                   220 lbs

#97. Simon Motew                        5'11"                 172 lbs

Any idea about Logan Mailloux 6'3 214 lbs, Roman Schmidt 6'5 209 lbs, Vincent Iorio 6'3 194lbs or Bryce Montgomery 6'5 220 lbs...

If we don't get Clarke our second or third may be used to draft RHD? Size would be nice...

Edited by spook007
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Ummmmm. Not really, but he was a passenger on the beniers line so that was a big turnoff for me. If you want to get a good idea on prospects in this years draft then look up mitch brown. He does an excelkent breakdown.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

To Take Power?

It would be down to those two if we win the lotto. Power is &^@#ing amazing given the amount of responsibility he has in michigan. He is literally a tough minutes machine. Only thing he has to work on is his shot

4 minutes ago, Isam said:

Ummmmm. Not really, but he was a passenger on the beniers line so that was a big turnoff for me. If you want to get a good idea on prospects in this years draft then look up mitch brown. He does an excelkent breakdown.

I think calling him a passenger is a bit of a disservice as almost anyone would look like a passenger on Beniers line. No, he doesn't have the dog-on-a-bone forcheck and puck retrieval of a Beniers or Podkolzin, but he does quite well for his size in driving play. He makes a lot of things happen.

6 minutes ago, Isam said:

Im not sure what you mean about mitch brown? Youtube shows nothing. 
i like Scouching report on youtube he does a great hockey prospects breakdown.

im sure mitch brown does a good job.. i just can’t find his video prospect breakdown that you get to see the prospect on the ice and he shows you whats up with the on ice hockey stuff.

i wanta see them play not just read their report.