The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hate to say it but LA will get smoked by Colorado again.  Our team is over their covid funk and I can see them winning 2 out of their 5 games remaining.  That would make us leapfrog both LA and San Jose unfortunately.  

That would give us the 9th overall pick.  

9th overall guys, stop daydreaming of getting the 5th overall, it ain't happening and I do hope that I'm wrong. 

I think we’re getting 7 points out of these last five games.  Where does that place us in the draft?  10th?  We will still get either Ceulemans or Morrow, and that a win for us for sure.  

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think we’re getting 7 points out of these last five games.  Where does that place us in the draft?  10th?  We will still get either Ceulemans or Morrow, and that a win for us for sure.  

Well I hope you’re wrong on the 7 points! I’m still hoping for a 1-4-0 record or a 0-3-2 to have us picking 5th overall! Then we pick whoever is left of the top 4 dmen.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yes, I could see the Calgary GM playing their AHL team and going 0 - 4 

Good for Calgary

Bad for the Canucks

Of course that happens, how do you think TB got Stamkos?

12 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Whew now u got me wanting beniers lol

I honestly could see Jesper Wallstedt go top 3-5.  Looking at he teams in the top 10 who could win the lottery, none of them have much in the way of high end goalie prospects.  Wallstedt is on the same tier as Askarov and Knight.  I think with the uncertainty in this years draft, he is is a good bet to go a little higher than expected.

Sam Constantino”s most recent list

1. Owen Power 

2 Beniers

3 Clarke

4 Edvinsson 

5 Guenther

6 Johnson 

7 Eklund 

8 Hughes

9 Mctavish

10 Lucius

On 650 yesterday he said McTavish would be a good fit for the Canucks and a solid prospect ( They were talking about Centers though) 

I have a feeling Eklund could be the steal of the draft. Put up pretty good numbers in the SHL at a young age

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

1. Owen Power 

2 Beniers

3 Clarke

4 Edvinsson 

5 Guenther

6 Johnson 

7 Eklund 

8 Hughes

9 Mctavish

10 Lucius

On 650 yesterday he said McTavish would be a good fit for the Canucks and a solid prospect ( They were talking about Centers though) 

I have a feeling Eklund could be the steal of the draft. Put up pretty good numbers in the SHL at a young age

Any of those players is a win for the nucks

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

1. Owen Power 

2 Beniers

3 Clarke

4 Edvinsson 

5 Guenther

6 Johnson 

7 Eklund 

8 Hughes

9 Mctavish

10 Lucius

Eklund to Canucks (E5)

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Nothing new: the Canucks always go on a late season winning streak.

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Nothing new: the Canucks always go on a late season winning streak.

Which is fine, providing we draft the best guy with our top pick, right?  Either Cuelemans or Morrow will be there for us where we pick, so we just take one of those two and it’s all good.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Which is fine, providing we draft the best guy with our top pick, right?  Either Cuelemans or Morrow will be there for us where we pick, so we just take one of those two and it’s all good.  

Preferably a better draft position for a more impactful player; ofcourse, a higher drafted player can still be a bust but I get it - winning culture !

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Preferably a better draft position for a more impactful player; ofcourse, a higher drafted player can still be a bust but I get it - winning culture !

Is there an obvious generational talent at the top of this draft?  I don’t think so.  To me this draft, much like the last two, can provide really important players anywhere through 15.  We just need to draft, like Petey, Quinn, and Pods, the right guy.  Imo that’s one of Cuelemans or Morrow.  

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is there an obvious generational talent at the top of this draft?  I don’t think so.  To me this draft, much like the last two, can provide really important players anywhere through 15.  We just need to draft, like Petey, Quinn, and Pods, the right guy.  Imo that’s one of Cuelemans or Morrow.  

Hard to say but the draft is considered by most to have no generational talent - like I said, I understand. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

Just for your consideration and reading pleasure!

RHD in the top 100.........from Futurescopehockey.com.........Who?

#4. Brandt Clarke                         6'1"                  181 lbs

#10. Corson Ceulemans               6'2"                  190 lbs

#22. Scott Morrow                         6'2"                  192 lbs

#43. Logan Mailloux                      6'3"                  214 lbs

#64. Jake Martin                           6'0"                  190 lbs

#65. Ryan Ufko                             5'9"                  170 lbs

#70. Dmitri Kostenko                    6'0"                   168 lbs

#78. Roman Schmidt                     6'5"                  209 lbs

#79. Vincent Iorio                          6'3"                   194 lbs

#87. Jacob Guevin                        5'11"                 181 lbs

#91. Bryce Mongomery                 6'5"                   220 lbs

#97. Simon Motew                        5'11"                 172 lbs

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Freeridebc said:

If we go 0-5 where would that put us 4th?

There was supposed to be more to this haha.. my phone hates me. 

I think if we draft in the top 10 it's a win. This is a messed year and imo not a true visual of where we are. 

The late rounds are what I'm interested in. And if we make trades etc.

• Cheers 1