The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Nate Schmidt to Canucks for 2022 3rd-round pick

23 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Can't wait to see Schmidt blasting the puck from the blueline, breakaway passes to the forwards and  joining the rush.   

He is going to get a lot of apples playing with Petty and Hughes.

Agreed he will get some serious apples next year... but not so sure he will be playing with Hughes..

2 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Have you been to commercial drive lately? Or for the past 15 years? And yes that's true about Toronto but it's disgustingly dirty and cold, sorry to say that about the supposed center of the universe but I lived there and I hated it, couldn't get out of that dirty shi_hole fast enough... Add to that, for most people there, I'm thinking they took their daily dose of rudeness pills and walked out of their dwellings ready on full on nastyness alert.. I hate that place! Even the Tim Hortons employees were rude, I have a funny story about that but anyway, their the furthest away from being true Canadians that I've ever seen..  

What are you on about?  Dirty???  Lol no it’s not.  Did you go to the projects or something....  as for cold....yeah you got me there (can reach up to -30 to -40 at times) 

Toronto isn’t as bad as you guys think.   Its

Like me when I lived in surrey for 6 months; I could easily say people are rude but the truth is, people in general are just arseholes!  

Every city has its good spots, bad spots, friendly to unfriendly, clean to unclean.  Depends where you are 

Edited by sassbs
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Agreed he will get some serious apples next year... but not so sure he will be playing with Hughes..

Yeah I don't see it either for a cpl of reasons, first, I think there's no chance of Hughes being paired without someone at least 6'4, you know what I mean and why, second, that gives us potential for a legit top 2 pairings which we need badly if we ever want another but longer trip to the big dance so we don't have to depend on a goalie standing on his head every game and be peppered for 40+ SOG, that's ridiculous. Think that's come to an end but see what happens right?  However under some circumstances I can see it happening

18 minutes ago, sassbs said:

What are you on about?  Dirty???  Lol no it’s not.  Did you go to the projects or something....  as for cold....yeah you got me there (can reach up to -30 to -40 at times) 

Toronto isn’t as bad as you guys think.   Its

Like me when I lived in surrey for 6 months; I could easily say people are rude but the truth is, people in general are just arseholes!  

Every city has its good spots, bad spots, friendly to unfriendly, clean to unclean.  Depends where you are 

Dude, have you seen the grey-ish snow there sometimes? It was worse polluted than Vancouver by FAR!! And it makes it dirty looking and you should see steel town just down the road from TO.. even worse... But that's what I mean by dirty besides the litter everywhere that's worse..  nothing like the California highways in some places but that's what I meant.. 

And I know Vancouver has its own just not as bad.. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Have you been to commercial drive lately? Or for the past 15 years? And yes that's true about Toronto but it's disgustingly dirty and cold, sorry to say that about the supposed center of the universe but I lived there and I hated it, couldn't get out of that dirty shi_hole fast enough... Add to that, for most people there, I'm thinking they took their daily dose of rudeness pills and walked out of their dwellings ready on full on nastyness alert.. I hate that place! Even the Tim Hortons employees were rude, I have a funny story about that but anyway, their the furthest away from being true Canadians that I've ever seen..  

tenor.gif?itemid=12716556

9 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yeah, I would definitely be inclined to play Schmidt and Hughes on different pairings, because that would mean we have one or the other of these two superb puck movers on the ice for about 45 minutes per game. And if OJ comes through the way I am expecting him to, we will even have some decent skill on the third pairing. I am really looking forward to that.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

I see some people describing Schmidt as a second pairing Dman. The way I see it, with 31 teams in the NHL, there are 62 top pairing Dmen spots. In the last 3 years, in the regular seasons Schmidt's points, points per game, and time-on-ice per game have ranged from 34th to 59th in the league among Dmen, with an average ranking of 48th in those metrics.

And he gets more icetime and has similar productivity in the playoffs. There is no doubt that he is a top-pairing Dman, and anyone describing him as any less than that is being deliberately disingenuous. What an absolute steal!

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Pretty amazing deal "Jet black Jim" as someone else on here called him made taking advantage of Las Vegas's mistake in gutting their team a bit to bring in Pietrangelo.  The defence needed to be overhauled a bit so this is a good start. Lot's of young guys are going to be pushing for the remaining spots which is the whole reason you draft them anyway. At least 95% approval on here and of course the infamous Lunatic fringe as Brian Burke calls them making a lot of noise.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

Arguing over which city is better is incredibly dumb. It's like someone who prefers blondes arguing with someone who prefers brunettes which is better. Everyone has their own subjective criteria for what makes a place to live good/bad.

So we're gonna use this thread to debate blondes vs brunettes now? :P:P